It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:59 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Interesting Discoveries
PostPosted: November 14th, 2010, 10:19 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I'm sure we've all made a few interesting discoveries like this in our time, either around Ghostbusters in some form, or something else. (I must ask my brother if he's still keeping that RGB audiobook anywhere accessible...)

Today I found the only official Extreme Ghostbusters DVD currently available whilst doing a search for "alvin and the chipmunks" on hmv.com:

From what I can gather, it's the first two episodes of EGB, the very excellent Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman (that's obvious enough, being in the DVD's title) and some Casper the Friendly Ghost thing that I don't care about. But EGB and the Chipmunks are both all-time favourites of mine, which is why no one but me will find this at all interesting, but never mind. I'm not going to buy the DVD; I can watch "Darkness at Noon" and Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman whenever I want. But I like looking at the picture and wondering what made somebody decide to release it. :geek:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 9:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
That is kinda odd. I mean, all three have different owners. They probably didn't come from the same studios, unless Wikipedia is wrong (Which is possible, but there's nothing on Adelaide's Wikipedia page about Chipmunks or Casper).

About the only think I could think of is that it was some sort of Halloween release. "Darkness at Noon" isn't a Halloween episode, but I could see some exec going "Casper, the Wolfman, and the Ghostbusters! $$$$!!!"