This thread was previously entitled 'Tara Charendoff Interview'; I changed it because it seemed an appropriate place for my comments on the (relatively) recent podcast Rino Romano interview with Cross the Streams
In many ways, it was a delight to listen to this. It reminded me of Tara's interview because it carries the same pride and enthusiasm that her print interview conveys - and this is a frightening number of years later. In other ways, it's a little frustrating! I don't want to sound rude BUT - the interviewer doesn't seem to have very clear memories of the show, and seems to look at everything with RGB pretext (the only episode mentioned is 'Back in the Saddle'). Sort of makes me wish I could interview Rino and ask some really insightful questions about Eduardo!
Even so, he manages to work some fascinating things into his answers. Clearly he loves the character and absolutely understands him, and it warms my heart to know that he still feels that way after all these years.
The sound quality is not fabulous, and I couldn't hear every single word. Oh well. Highlights for me include:
- Rino's steering away from the question about Eduardo 'filling the Venkman role' (no thank you) to tell us how he really felt about the character.
- the story of several call-backs and rejections, and the accompanying emotions, finishing up with a funny story about when he met Jason Marsden at his first recording.
- the comment that the show is (to paraphrase) not just about the ghost of the week, but the relationships between the characters - YES!
- the comment on the Eduardo/Kylie relationship (which unfortunately was not brought up in the question).
- Rino's reaction to the news that Kylie was recently introduced in the IDW comic (gives an idea of the time); it is so genuinely joyful, it's my favourite thing in the world right at this moment.
_________________EGB Fan's EGB FansOriginal WritingThe Olden Days Podcast
'Rosey Collins an XGB fan from the UK.'
-Fil BarlowYep, that about sums me up.