It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:11 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: So, I found this book...
PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 3:42 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
(Fritz, if this is not the right area for this topic, please move it)

So, I was looking for books at the thrift store (saves you a lot of money if you like to read) and I found this book. I won't say much about it in this first post, but take a look at the cover and you'll know why I just had to spend 25 cents on it, lol.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/ghostdiva/book.jpg

So, who thinks this book is liable to insult your entire childhood and your mamma in one shot. :twisted:

PostPosted: March 21st, 2008, 7:30 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
I laugh at the ridiculousness of that book. And it does insult my childhood, I agree.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2008, 5:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Okay, so I'm not quite finished with this abomination but it has been very interesting. It was obviously written by one of those moms who wrote letters to the school excusing her child from the G rated Disney movies they were showing on movie day. I dispise those people.

Anyway, this book was written in 1991, and does indeed insult my childhood and my mothers skills in parenting. I find myself laughing outloud frequently...

As for ghostbusters, of course it is mentioned, specifically in the chapters on marketing and children's tv, and the chapter on the occult. I think that chapter alone was worth it. :mrgreen:

I was surprised however when the author give RGB an okay because, "(the show) concludes with the message that there is a happy little kid inside all of us, including a happy little kid spirit inside a ghost. The other message is that it's wrong for the ghostbusters to compete against one another since that is a violationof friendship, their highest trait (Ghostbuster of the Year)"

I think the first part of that is creepy, but at least he didn't put it on the "ban" list.

Yes, ladies and gents, this book has a ban list in the back and every show I watched as a child is on it, except RGB. Alvin and the Chipmunks will apparently derange your child beyond comprehension due to its containing the use of occult symbols, mystical experiences, and criminal activities. :shock:

Also, I would like to note that this book has the most extensive occult glossary that I have ever seen, it has words and phrases in there that I had never heard of and should be used as a jumping off place should anyone ever write a real Tobin's Spirit Guide.

Did anyone on here ever watch a cartoon and learn what a uroboros was? I didn't think so.

ghostdiva

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2008, 7:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
Okay, so I'm not quite finished with this abomination but it has been very interesting. It was obviously written by one of those moms who wrote letters to the school excusing her child from the G rated Disney movies they were showing on movie day. I dispise those people.

Anyway, this book was written in 1991, and does indeed insult my childhood and my mothers skills in parenting. I find myself laughing outloud frequently...

As for ghostbusters, of course it is mentioned, specifically in the chapters on marketing and children's tv, and the chapter on the occult. I think that chapter alone was worth it. :mrgreen:

I was surprised however when the author give RGB an okay because, "(the show) concludes with the message that there is a happy little kid inside all of us, including a happy little kid spirit inside a ghost. The other message is that it's wrong for the ghostbusters to compete against one another since that is a violationof friendship, their highest trait (Ghostbuster of the Year)"

I think the first part of that is creepy, but at least he didn't put it on the "ban" list.

That is a bit of a surprise. One would think between the laser backpacks and the woman with her scary pointy glasses, this would automatically make the "EBILLEST THING EVR!!!" file.

Quote:
Yes, ladies and gents, this book has a ban list in the back and every show I watched as a child is on it, except RGB. Alvin and the Chipmunks will apparently derange your child beyond comprehension due to its containing the use of occult symbols, mystical experiences, and criminal activities. :shock:

Now that is f***ed up. I must have missed those episodes with Simon summoning up demons and Alvin starting a crime ring. You know, I love RGB and I enjoyed the Chipmunks, but it's hard to take seriously anyone who bans the Chipmunks for "occult symbols and mystical experiences" and gives a pass to a show that had Cthulhu show up in one episode.

Quote:
Also, I would like to note that this book has the most extensive occult glossary that I have ever seen, it has words and phrases in there that I had never heard of and should be used as a jumping off place should anyone ever write a real Tobin's Spirit Guide.

Did anyone on here ever watch a cartoon and learn what a uroboros was? I didn't think so.

ghostdiva

But Ghostbusters had mention of an Inuit Minyan! How more obscure does it get?

One really has to wonder what's going on in that writer's mind. :roll:

PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 6:43 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Well, I continue to read the book and Fritz, you will be happy to know that it does indeed knock Janine down and, I believe, refers to her a ditzy, though I can't be sure because the book calls her the, "dizzy secretary", surely they don't expect to be taken seriously with those types of misprints, lol.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the book also has a list of names and addresses of manufacturers and networks so that someone can read this book, agree completely, and write angry letter to the cartoon people. :x lol. This book is seriously messed up, this person obviously believes that they are right, and that reading the book will make you agree with them.

It also says that Sony spent 10 million just on advertising for GBII. That doesn't surprise me though.

ghostdiva

PostPosted: March 24th, 2008, 10:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
If ever a book seemed like it deserved this, this book does: :roll:

And I agree with Fritz. The show had a LOT of occult references, along with the other spooky stuff, and yet it got a pass? Oh, if anybody finds the Alvin Meets The Devil episode of A&TC, I'd love to see it. ;)

Maybe the author had issues. I mean, my grandmother thought TRG was almost satanic, and it was a fight to let my then-6-year-old son watch it. Maybe she gave in because Mommy wanted to watch it, too. :D

PostPosted: March 26th, 2008, 7:31 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Location: Townsville, Australia. (No, not where the Powerpuff Girls live!)
Zodiac: Taurus
LOL!
Some people need to get a life! :lol:
Most people aren't going to take any of that seriously!
I think that "author" (& anyone who agrees with them) was probably deprived of a fun, loving, enjoyable childhood of their own so they have to take it out on harmless cartoons.
Hands up anybody who worships Satan, has started a cult, is a criminal or anything else like that because of the cartoons they watched as a child.
Not me.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 9:48 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Ok, I'm putting this here. Right now there is a copy of Making Ghostbusters on Ebay for 9.95, it has 6 days left though. Its hard to find so I thought I'd give a head's up.
ghostdiva

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 11:08 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Thank you, oh yee author of "Saturday Morning Mind Control" for Seasons 3 - 7 of The Real Ghostbusters.

*screams into pillow*