It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:38 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: IDW Ghostbusters #10
PostPosted: June 30th, 2012, 8:41 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Maybe it's got nothing to do with Roger or Janine. 

With the mention of Egon needing the gris-gris when he's finally ready to be alive, I'm wondering if it might be connected to Egon's friend Eugene and Death. Maybe it has more to do with warding off evil than about luck. I'm not sure how the talk of love turning the whole world fits in with it, but maybe it's got nothing to do with Egon's love life but instead with someone else's. Maybe Eugene's? Maybe love is the way to get Eugene to release Death?

In the story 'The Man who Sought Death', there is mention of a witch and witchcraft. In this part of Haunted America, there is the reference to voodoo, which is similar to witchcraft. I dunno, maybe I'm looking for things that aren't there, but it does seem to vaguely tie in. :?:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2012, 3:02 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Aries
nikki wrote:
Maybe it's got nothing to do with Roger or Janine. 

With the mention of Egon needing the gris-gris when he's finally ready to be alive, I'm wondering if it might be connected to Egon's friend Eugene and Death. Maybe it has more to do with warding off evil than about luck. I'm not sure how the talk of love turning the whole world fits in with it, but maybe it's got nothing to do with Egon's love life but instead with someone else's. Maybe Eugene's? Maybe love is the way to get Eugene to release Death?

I agree. The whole thing with the gris-gris was too vague. All that talk about love making the whole world turn and connecting it with Egon using the gris-gris when he's ready to be alive is probably Mr. Burnham's way of messing with all of us who want Janine and Egon to be finally together after all these years. For all we know, Marie Laveau was talking about an entirely different matter altogether. (Though I think it would really suck if the gris-gris really has nothing to do with Egon and Janine's relationship.)

PostPosted: July 8th, 2012, 12:37 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
gris-gris could be meant for Egon himself. Perhaps its not something to make janine fall in love with Egon but it makes Egon open up and let hies real feeling out.
Just had a thought, I want to see Egon as buddy love. LOL

Also it could be a true love spell charm. If thats the cace we might see that Janine is not Roger true love.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel