It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:15 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 4:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclu ... 00-148824/

Spoiler Warning:

The Fright Features Ghostbusters. And Fright Feature Egon looks...a little less Ramis and just a bit more, I daresay, like, oh, I dunno, Roger. Or at least the haircut Roger probably had a few years ago. :lol:

PostPosted: May 24th, 2014, 10:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

And the customary preview from Spook Central, with a couple of different tidbits.:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=1

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 3:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #32 (V2#16)

No real dilemma on the cover this time--a Tristan Jones RGB cover without having to get rooked on the "retail incentive" price? And no Louis on it? And I'm a subscriber at the comic shop I buy at? Sign me up.

As the story starts, every Ghostbuster original, New, and other, have to take the stairs up Dana’s apartment building because Tiamat's shut down the elevators. This seems familiar, and it won't be the last time this issue. They're stopped by the ghost of Judge Valkenheiser, but Winston files a Motion to Dismiss in the form of a ghost trap.

As they continue to climb the stairs, Venkman starts talking to himself, but not in the way you expect: standing in the way are aged versions of the original Ghostbusters, all decked out in the Fright Features uniforms, spouting all sorts of cryptic dialog and warnings. Ray tries to be optimistic and say "Well, this proves we survive!" while Fright Feature Ray counters that "Well, we could just be temporal anomalies."

Fright Feature Egon, who has put on a little weight (Venkman later implores Egon to "knock off the Twinkies" to not end up like that), tells them Tiamat is more powerful that Gozer, but she's addicted to chaos, which is apparently some kind of clue. I normally roll my eyes when a Ghostbusters writer tries to one-up Gozer, but I make exceptions when a figure of real myth is involved (or HP Lovecraft.) It makes Tiamat seem pretty frightening, which makes some of what happens later...well, I'm getting ahead of myself. I kept sorta hoping Janine would point out to Egon "And why in the world does your older self have the same haircut I saw pictures of Roger sporting back in the 1980's?" Because Fright Feature Egon doesn't just have the white and red outfit (similar colors to Janine's uniform in "Mister Sandman Dream Me A Dream" interestingly enough) but even the RGB Egon swirl and rat tail.

Fright Feature Winston tells his younger self that he's the one who's gonna pull them through, but of course doesn't give any more details other than "You'll figure it out when the time is right". After this, the Fright Feature Ghostbusters fade away.

The Ghostbusters mob reaches the top of the building and, lo and behold, it's a ziggarut. Dana and Louis, still possessed by Tiamat's goons--let's just call them "Vuul" and "Zinz Clortho"--start trying to tease them, Louis/Zins first.

Ron: Can I shoot him?
Venkman: Yes
Janine: No.
Me: I'm with Ron and Venkman on this one.

And then Dana/Vuul starts trying to brain-screw Venkman, but just like with the Manitou a while back, he's having none of it. I almost wonder what it would be like if a monster starts threatening Venkman, Venkman thinks the monster is just pulling a trick or a brain-screw, and then the monster does exactly what it threatens some time.

So then Vuul and Zinz turn into bird-things instead of dogs, but still have Dana and Louis's faces, and the main event starts: Tiamat strides in. The Ghostbusters mob starts shooting her, but she shrugs if off and gets serious: she adopts a new form, the same five-headed dragon Tiamat as seen in "I Am The City", but in Dan Schoening's artistic hands nevertheless ten times more badass looking than in that somewhat spottily animated episode.

Unfortunately for our heroes, they don't have Marduk or Bahamut on speed dial.

Fortunately for our heroes, once dragon Tiamat appears...she doesn't really do anything. I'm starting to agree with IDW board poster M.Thunder here...where's the menace? I mean, I've seen the numbers on this one. Level 35 Solo Brute. 1610 HP. AC 51. I realize we don't want our heroes fireballed, ice blasted, poison gassed, acid burned, and electrocuted out of existence, but there comes a point where a villain starts to look like all roar and no bite. I mean, c'mon, we have a horde of Ghostbusters--surely we could have her vaporize Ron, the Rookie, and Louis just to prove how badass she is while still leaving enough heroes to defeat her?

And what happens next? After the Ghostbusters climb the building, see Dana and Louis turned into animals, and the villain changes from a female humanoid to a giant monster, guess what? You won't believe it--they cross the streams!!!

So, why not? It all works, Tiamat is defeated. Dana and Louis are back to normal (well, as normal as Louis gets, anyway). Candy and teddy bears fall from the sky.

Except...

It's not candy and teddy bears. It's blood.

It ain't over yet, kiddies. In fact...it's only half time.

Erik Burnham hasn't lead us wrong yet; the last four issues were Tiamat jerking everyone around. Why not pull the ultimate headfake by letting the Ghostbusters think they'd defeated her?

Next issue: Since we hit #16, it must be time for Ghostbusters Vol. 3 #1. Strange that they'd do this right in the middle of a story, but...wait, it will be #17? Well all right then!

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 5:01 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I thought this was a good ishoue and the cliffhanger at the really left me wanting more.

it was rather epic seeing all the GB standing there, now if we can only get the rest of the EGBs to join up, then that would really be a seen.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel