Spook Central preview. Expected release on November 26:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=1

Post subject: Re: TMNT/Ghostbusters #2
PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 6:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Fritz Babbles About TMNT/Ghostbusters #2

Gah...I'm doing it again. My shop got the latest issue late, and then I delayed some more which is purely on me.

So where were we?

Chi-You, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, April O'Neil, and Casey Jones from the IDW TMNT universe have been shunted across dimensional barriers due to a malfunctioning teleportation device to the world of the IDW Ghostbusters. They've interrupted the wedding of Irma Langenstien and Louis Tully a woman named Lucy and some guy, which is being held in the church that's abandoned and used as the Turtle hideout in their universe. (See? It can't be Irma. I bet she'd insist on being married in a synagogue.)

So we've set up for the inevitable "fight then team up" bit, right? Except...there's not much of a fight. Chi-You, thanks to his ability to read the minds of his minions, realizes the Ghostbusters are a threat to a, you know, ghost like him, and bugs out taking is possessed minions--including Case Jones--with him. So then, blowing their comic book character cred completely, the Turtles and the Ghostbusters actually...gasp...talk it out and realize they're all on the same side.

As I predicted, there was some fun interaction between Donatello (who doesn't believe in ghosts) and Egon (who doesn't believe in aliens and mutant reptiles)

Probably the funniest bit in this part, though, was when, after having had the Turtles introduced to them, Venkman introduces the Ghostbusters as also sporting the names of Renaissance painters. I'm actually a tad surprised that Venkman didn't introduce one of them as Pierro della Francesca. I mean, since Raphael was right there. (He does mention having once dated an art restorer, which is most likely a reference to Dana)

The two teams regroup at GBCentral and compare notes, which mostly means Kylie and Ray digging up info on Chi-You (meaning that legends of him existed on IDW GB Earth. Oh, and our Earth too, which isn't a surprise after three years of Erik Burnham's giving us his version of figures of real-world mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiyou

Inevitably, there's a little bit of banter between various members of the teams, some of them intended to set up some correspondences. Such as...

Janine and April drink coffee and bond, both being women who hang around four guys always getting into weird adventures.

Winston and Leo recognize each other as kindred spirits, being the resident relatively sensible members of their teams. It was neat that Leo wondered if Winston was the Ghostbusters' leader; he isn't, of course, and who the Ghostbusters leader is, if they even could be said to have one, varies between continuities and circumstances (but you're basically somewhere between Venkman and Egon)

Mikey tries to tease Slimer.

And of course, Egon, Don, and Ray continue their hashing out of which weird things exist in each other's universe. They also start getting to the crux of the matter: if the Ghostbusters can't recreate the teleporter within seventy-two hours, the residual dimensional transit energy on the Turtles, April, and Casey will dissipate, making basically impossible to return them to their particular parallel dimension. So we have a timer, now.

There's another interesting bit where the Turtles are surprised that more paranormal information isn't online; Ray explains that doing that would be dangerous, which neatly sidesteps the implied setting of the IDW GB series being the mid 1990's (just a few years after Ghostbusters: the Video Game's 1991)

And then GBCentral gets a call about a bull-headed monster interrupting a hockey game.

Chi-You hasn't been sitting around doing nothing--he's rifled through Casey's brain in search of more appropriate minions than a bunch of wedding guests (which he's released, by the way). Casey being Casey, the image is of hockey players, so Chi-You interrupts the first game of the NFL Eastern Conference Quarterfinals and starts turning the players into monsters under his control. I almost wondered if one of the hockey players could have been the GB universe version of Casey, but I knew that couldn't be true--GB Casey is the bouncer at a coffee shop (Not really--it's my own injoke based on the CaseyJ coffee shop that first appeared in Vol.1 #5). However, pre-mutation versions of Bebop and Rocksteady are there. So is Chi-You gonna turn them into a warthog and a rhino? Man, that'd be great.

The Ghostbusters and the Turtles both want to stop Chi-You and get Casey back. You know what this means--Turtles with proton packs!

See you then!

Post subject: Re: TMNT/Ghostbusters #2
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2015, 5:42 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I thought this was a good start to the teem up. :)

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel