Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN170460
Spoiler!
Quote:
JAN170460
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
"Let's Do The Space-Warp Again!" Before they began investigating the supernatural, most of the original Ghostbusters were teachers... and they've decided it's time they start sharing their knowledge again. But when their first batch of students start poking around the firehouse and accidentally set in motion the merging of two universes (it's easier than you'd think) Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore, and Spengler will need all the help they can get to put things right! And who do you think will Answer The Call? (If you guessed Holtzmann, Yates, Tolan, and Gilbert... you get a gold star!) It's a brand new inter-dimensional meeting of the minds, starting here!
In Shops: Mar 22, 2017
SRP: $3.99

The GB2016 characters make their (full) IDW debut, and Roland Jackson is on the cover also.

And here's what posters on GBFans will no doubt say about it...

"If you support this series, you're a misandrist! My childhood is raped again!!!"

Other than really wishing we could go back to adventures centered a little more on the five main characters instead of the constant stream of guest stars, I admit this should be interesting.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2016, 10:30 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Apparently, the character in the green jacket is
Spoiler!
not EGB Roland, he's probably set to be IDWverse Roland. Or something.

Either way, I'm so excited!!!!

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2016, 3:15 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Capricorn
It is! Especially since I found out that there's a comicbook shop near where I live! I just hope they carry it.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2016, 10:36 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
I'd prefer a story that centers around the old team, too. But since I am glad that IDW continues the Ghostbusters Series at all, I'm happy anyway. I like the team from Ghostbusters 2016 and I am curious how the teams will meet.
Spoiler!
I guess someone messes with the portal in the basement. :)

PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I have read the Annual.

Spoiler!
So Janine has a niece (sister's daughter, obviously), called Cait Banner. The niece and her friends or at least one of them will be behind the interdimensional screw-up that leads to the ATC Busters crossover.

Slimer's origin is actually pretty sensible and nothing at all like the Remils story from the RGB comics. But THAT itself is an Easter egg for a prank Peter and the newbies play on Egon, Kylie and Ray :lol:

Looks like Chicago GBs got themselves a secretary every bit as good as Janine. Even Ron can't shake her.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:11 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I read the Annual, too and I was a little bit disappointed. Not that the stories were not good but none of them was about the core team. :(
I understand that it is fun for an author to create new characters, as a P&P-Player I feel that. ;) The 101s seem to be cool, Mel is a great character. Except for the Rookie I really hate the Chicago Branch but that is my problem. Liking or disliking the new characters is not the point. The point is I started to read the comics because I like Peter, Ray, Winston, Egon and Janine and I wanted to read stories about them.
Yes, the Original Ghostbusters were in the stories but in minor roles. If I remember correctly Janine was in 4 panels (one of them only showing her feet).
I really really hope that this is not a trend and the focus will be on the old team again in future issues. Else I really might lose interest.

Spoiler!
I loved that Pagan was in the Dramatis Personae. Comics need more cats. No, wait..., everything needs more cats.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 4:23 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Previewsworld preview. Egon seems to have acquired a taste for risks more bizarre than the last.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 2:58 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Wow! Just...no! I already planned to skip this one, but wow! Why do they insist on making Egon look like a jerk? That was totally unprofessional and out of character. Unscientific, rude. Basically all things Egon is not. They have lost the concept of the character!

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 3:29 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I agree that this is not Egon. But: Punching Ray and PEEING in mood slime – this is so not Egon that it is almost impossible that any author – let alone Burnham - could do this accidentally.
Maybe I am just telling that to myself because I want to believe it. But I really think that we witness part of the aftermath of Egon’s encounter with the warlock. Take a look at Egon’s face when Ray asks him “Can you feel it?” He seems to be in pain standing close to the positively charged slime. Isn’t it possible that he brought some negative energy with him after his trip to oblivion?
Maybe he lied about what he experienced. Or his memories could be false.
It was Aibell who brought him back who is not the nicest person (?creature, entity?) in the world AND she felt betrayed in the end.

Spoiler!
Okay, she already killed Jenny – you’d think that would be enough to let off some steam, but y’know… Banshees!

So maybe he does not act like Egon because he is not really Egon? Okay, he seemed pretty normal at the end of GBI but maybe this happens phased?

As I said maybe I am getting it all wrong because I want to see it this way. But I really hope that his behaviour will be explained story-wise.
Wow, writing an interpretation of a comicbook-preview. Yep, I need a life… :geek:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 5:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Well we've been saying there was something wrong with Egon nearly this entire run, with no explanation, which makes me think this is just Erik's interpretation of him. :?

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 11:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
Well we've been saying there was something wrong with Egon nearly this entire run, with no explanation, which makes me think this is just Erik's interpretation of him. :?

I can't help but sorta agree. But this is a lot more outrageous than we've seen IDW Egon so far...supernatural cause? A weird kind of PTSD from his "death" in GBI?

Quote:
his is so not Egon that it is almost impossible that any author – let alone Burnham - could do this accidentally.

And I can't help but sorta agree with this too. I guess I'm saying I can see it working either way.

But I guess it's a sign of how beaten down we are in these parts that nobody's even wondered how the more "outrageous" Egon acts around a certain redhead. I guess we're all figuring that's probably not going to change. :roll:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 4:15 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Fritz wrote:
But I guess it's a sign of how beaten down we are in these parts that nobody's even wondered how the more "outrageous" Egon acts around a certain redhead. I guess we're all figuring that's probably not going to change. :roll:

Let’s hope that next time he is jealous, he won’t punch her and/or pee in his rival’s cabriolet…

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 6:56 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz, it' obvious he doesn't associate with her at all, so how can he react to her... I officially bail on seeing anything happen with that in these comics.

Oh how I watch the greatness that is the Lethal Weapon TV reboot and wish with all my heart that they would show the same kindness to gb84!

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 7:09 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I think it's the repercussions of his visit to the 'Other Side'. I doubt it'll last, but I actually like this unpredictable Egon. Sure makes things interesting. If it leads to him levelling out later on, mellowing down a little, becoming a bit less detached and a little more in touch with his human side, then I'm all for the wacky in the interim. :lol:

ghostdiva wrote:
Fritz, it' obvious he doesn't associate with her at all, so how can he react to her... I officially bail on seeing anything happen with that in these comics.

I tend to agree. If GB: 101 is anything like the other comic runs they'll be avoiding each other the whole time so we won't get to see any reaction at all.

I think the big draw for this run will be Egon and Holtzmann working together, while Janine will be probably spend most of her time working with the two Kevins and Cait and her friends.

I'd be amazed if Egon and Janine manage to say one word to each other on-panel, now. That's how low my expectations for their relationship has fallen. :cry:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 8:03 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I really liked this issue. 

Spoiler!
Peck and Peter almost working together, Kylie leading the kids astray, and the Answer The Call team are just fantastic in comic book form. I can't wait for them to meet up with the OGBs.

Egon and Janine sitting together in Peter's office looked like a married couple sitting in the Headmaster's office discussing the trouble their kid's been involved in... ;)

I'm definitely getting extra copies for my nieces. It looks good so far. 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.