PostPosted: March 21st, 2018, 1:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR180334

Quote:
APR180334
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
There was a plan. A good plan. The Ghostbusters of Many Worlds would just split up and seek out the ghosts that had escaped from the containment unit in the dimensions those ghosts sought refuge in. Simple. Effective. And it should've gone off without a hitch... until something went wrong. It seemed small, but it hints at the chaotic presence of a being that Peter, Egon, Ray-and especially Winston-had hoped they'd never meet again.

2018'S Ghostbusters mega-event continues!
In Shops: Jun 27, 2018
SRP: $3.99

Tiamat?

The cover at the link is actually the RI cover, but it's a fun one with four different versions of Slimer plus Lovely Slimette from GBATC.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 4:38 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
OMG, if it is her, then I don't know what to feel.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 4:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0#p4904393

mrmichaelt wrote:
In his newsletter, Erik hinted Crossing Over "follows up on a thread from an earlier comic story."
https://tinyletter.com/erikburnham/letters/lousy-smarch-weather-blows-in-erik-burnham-s-actual-newsletter

In a new interview, Erik revealed
*Knowing the ending, Erik considered Cathulhu from RGB as the main threat of the 2018 annual and not Connla/Samhain.
*For Crossing Over, "at first the story was just going to be a mix and match of the Busters heading off to recapture ghosts who had escaped from the containment unit (and yes, Egon has a babbly explanation for why this needs to be done.)"
*Then Erik" started thinking of other ways to play with it and give it some personal stakes. I thought of two things that would give it the right heft, and how they would affect things emotionally. That revelation comes on page 20 of issue 3."
http://www.freaksugar.com/erik-burnham-ghostbusters-2018-annual-and-crossing-over-interview/

There's also some speculation on that thread about the prospect of Winston's "wammy" being reversed. I personally doubt it--I have trouble believing Sony and Ghost Corps would let them get away with such a big status quo change anymore, if they ever would have. I suspect a set up for a shocking twist that undid it was probably all the marriage of Winston and Tiyah ever was.

Still, I gotta admit...I'm looking forward to this story now more than I expected to. I still deeply suspect disappointment in the end, though.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 5:06 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Same here. As a collective, we can only go through so many storm-in-a-teacup storylines. And I'll freaking scream if Janine gets Tiyah-ed.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 6:39 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Same here. As a collective, we can only go through so many storm-in-a-teacup storylines.

Same here, too.

It would be nice for these guys to achieve a level of personal happiness without something dire happening and I do miss Tiyah, but I seriously doubt there will be a reversal of Tiamat's 'curse' anytime soon.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2018, 9:18 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
Same here, too.

It would be nice for these guys to achieve a level of personal happiness without something dire happening and I do miss Tiyah, but I seriously doubt there will be a reversal of Tiamat's 'curse' anytime soon.

This. I keep assuming nothing but the worst, despite trying not to. Gozer's proxies may have possessed Dana twice and Aibell may have killed Jenny, but Tiamat taking away Tiyah's memories of loving Winston is basically a fate worse than death (IMO, what could be more horrible than a physical death, but an emotional one?). If they're gonna reintroduce Tiamat, then I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want Egon and Janine to NOT reach a romantic understanding or take steps to one during this arc. I'm hoping that'll be unlikely to happen, as with every other IDW-verse arc so far.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2018, 2:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Sadly, I've got to the point where I've completely given up on the idea that it will ever happen. 

If they ever did get together or make steps towards it, then it would be beyond fantastic and I think it would definitely help to give Egon's character the kind of humanity he is lacking, but there's been way too many times where out of a possible something came absolutely nothing.

Spoiler!
Like a basic hug when the love of your life has just come back from the dead kind of nothing...
Or like being disappointed about the technicalities in which you came back from the dead instead of thinking you've got another chance to make amends/get together with the love of your life kind of nothing...
Or like making a bunch of charts, analysing behaviour and doing nothing about it kind of nothing. :lol: :D

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2018, 4:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Preview of Crossing Over #4:

https://issuu.com/idwpublishing/docs/gh ... over_04-pr

PostPosted: July 4th, 2018, 8:51 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Spoiler!
Wait, did they just lose Janine in the Multiverse?!
According to Prime-Kevin she was to go along on the “interdimensional thing”, right? But she was not in one of the shuffled teams, was she? If she was, I need new glasses AND she was very silent. Or did I misunderstand and she did not enter the portal?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2018, 2:22 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
Spoiler!
Quote:
Wait, did they just lose Janine in the Multiverse?!

I was thinking the same, but I didn't see RGB Ray, the glasses guy from Sanctum of Slime nor Patty either, so maybe they're just elsewhere and not being shown yet (Unless they're all prisoners but that's mostly just an idea my over-thinker brain jumped to just now) I'd like to think they were kept from this issue because whatever they're facing is gonna take an entire issue on its own *coughTHEGRENDELcoughPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEcoughcough*

Peter flirting with Erin = Me uncontrollably covering my face with my hands in second-hand embarrassment and being like 'Peter NO'. I knew at least one of the Peters was gonna be flirting with someone they really shouldn't be flirting with in this arc but I never anticipated how weird it'd actually be.

Also. YESSSS. CHESS. CALLED IT. I did also consider the idea that Death would pull a quick one and have someone who wasn't Egon play in his place, but I hadn't thought of Eduardo. Still, I'm excited, if IDW lets him be the hero for once I will love them forever.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2018, 3:57 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Spoiler!
Oh, man...It's times like these that I wish Janine had been shuffled onto Egon's team.

So I presume Janine is on Ron's team, then.

Sigh.

I think it's less Bill and Ted, more The Seventh Seal, but whatevs. I hope Eduardo's up on his chess playing abilities, for Egon's sake. :D

The art in this issue alone is freaking fantastic. All credit to Dan and Luis, because this is absolutely top notch stuff.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2018, 6:50 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

You're correct, nikki, Erik Bunham confirmed that it was a Seventh Seal reference. And I have never heard of Seventh Seal until today. And it would be nice if Janine was in any team that Ron is NOT in. And LOL RGB Peter creeping on Erin and his karma in the form of the Headless Horseman :lol:

OH WOW, I just remembered something Fritz shared here from GBF a while back.

So....pay attention to this quote from this interview: "I thought of two things that would give it the right heft, and how they would affect things emotionally. That revelation comes on page 20 of issue 3. Cannot wait for longtime readers to see it!"

Now go back and read Issue 3 :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 5:04 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Spoiler!
I am pretty sure that in issue 3 it is said that the chicago ghostbusters would stay behind to monitor the containment unit so Ron should not be in one of the shuffled teams. So whatever happened to Janine, if she went through the portal she is at least not with Ron. Lucky woman! :D

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 8:24 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Spoiler!
So whatever happened to Janine, if she went through the portal she is at least not with Ron.

I'm pleased about that. The less Ron the better, IMO. :lol:
HauntedWallflower wrote:
OH WOW, I just remembered something Fritz shared here from GBF a while back.

So....pay attention to this quote from this interview: "I thought of two things that would give it the right heft, and how they would affect things emotionally. That revelation comes on page 20 of issue 3. Cannot wait for longtime readers to see it!"

Now go back and read Issue 3 :D :D :D :D

EGB Egon's dramatic appearance? Because Roger is the Prime GB dimensional version of him, I suppose. Though I wouldn't say that carries much emotional weight, really.

One thing that would have emotional consequences is if was the page where it was hinted that Egon persuaded Janine to go dimensional travelling and she ends up in danger because of it.

I suppose it depends if you count the Dramatis Personae in or not.

I can't help but feel that Egon persuading Janine to go travelling might have been a supremely bad idea.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2018, 4:28 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
Quote:
I can't help but feel that Egon persuading Janine to go travelling might have been a supremely bad idea.

SAME. I would love some development on that front, but at the same time I don't want her to be in danger and I don't want him to blame himself ;A; my tiny heart couldn't bear if something real bad happened to her and Egon thought it was his fault (All the more if Egon reacts to it like he reacted to her being floating and glowing back in Mass Hysteria)

If he makes that face again I might just cry.

As for the page thing- I'm not sure of where to begin counting, but taking out the cover, credits and summary of the past chapters, 20/21 would be the pages containing the revelation that Peck wanted Janine to do the briefing and consequent revelations that she was talked into going to the inter-dimensional missions, as well as the reveals of what the interns and Chicago team are currently doing. So it could be either of these things. I'm thinking it regards Janine because the whole gris-gris bag thing, the first hint towards Egon having actual feelings for her, happened in volume 3 of the first arc of ghostbusters comics and the quote from the interview mentions it being a thing long-time readers would react to (I'm wondering if he just used those words to avoid saying directly 'Janine/Egon fans') but it could be either, tbh.