Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Soliciatation is out:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY180714

Warning! Major Spoiler enclosed in the solicitation:

Quote:
MAY180714
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
A headless horseman. A haunted brewery. The complicated nature of temporal mechanics across the dimensions. The Ghostbusters can handle all of that, no sweat. But a sinister force is on the horizon, one they barely survived before, and at a great personal sacrifice. Tiamat made a deal to leave the Ghostbusters' earth... but what's the fun of being a god of chaos if you can't find a few loopholes? Mass Hysteria is in full effect as CROSSING OVER continues!
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
In Shops: Jul 25, 2018
SRP: $3.99

PostPosted: April 18th, 2018, 5:39 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
The Big T is officially confirmed!!!!

PostPosted: July 27th, 2018, 8:34 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

The first panel in this tweet has it that Ron Alexander IS indeed in a team with Janine. UGH.

EDIT: Just had a thought. Louis and Dana (But not the Prime versions) are slated to and have appeared respectively. What if we get an otherdimensional version of Tiyah?

PostPosted: July 28th, 2018, 2:08 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
HauntedWallflower wrote:
The first panel in this tweet has it that Ron Alexander IS indeed in a team with Janine. UGH.

Oh, I hate that! Egon said that the Chicago team had volunteered to stay back and superwise the containment unit! So why the hell does Ron not stay back and superwise the containment unit? :(

As for Tiamat: Interesting thought.On the one hand the Real Ghostbusters once fought a creature named Tiamat, too, who was also a god-like being but way less powerful than IDWs Tiamat. It was supposed to be the babylonian goddess Tiamat and came quite close to the mythology of it‘s origin. On the other hand I think Kylie once said that Gozer was a multidimensional being, so I always assumed as his sister Tiamat is too. (But then again, Egon said the Chicago Team would stay behind and supervise the containment unit, sooo... ;) )

PostPosted: July 28th, 2018, 3:11 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Sandra wrote:
HauntedWallflower wrote:

Oh, I hate that! Egon said that the Chicago team had volunteered to stay back and superwise the containment unit! So why the hell does Ron not stay back and superwise the containment unit? :(

As for Tiamat: Interesting thought.On the one hand the Real Ghostbusters once fought a creature named Tiamat, too, who was also a god-like being but way less powerful than IDWs Tiamat. It was supposed to be the babylonian goddess Tiamat and came quite close to the mythology of it‘s origin. On the other hand I think Kylie once said that Gozer was a multidimensional being, so I always assumed as his sister Tiamat is too. (But then again, Egon said the Chicago Team would stay behind and supervise the containment unit, sooo... ;) )

If you're thinking that maybe an AU version of Ron is joining them out there, then you're thinking along the same lines as mrmichaelt from the GBFans forum. Also, great idea about RGB Tiamat (whose IRL mythological version was defeated by a Babylonian Messiah named Marduk), but I was referring to TiYAH, not TiAMAT, when talking about otherdimensional counterparts.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2018, 11:25 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

HauntedWallflower wrote:
but I was referring to TiYAH, not TiAMAT, when talking about otherdimensional counterparts.

Oh, sorry, I misread that. But yes, an alternative Tiyah could definitely make things interesting. Or more painful for Winston. Two Tiyahs that don‘t know who he is...

PostPosted: July 28th, 2018, 5:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
HauntedWallflower wrote:

It would be a crying shame if Janine "accidentally" neutronized him or something, wouldn't it?
:roll:

PostPosted: July 29th, 2018, 5:45 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Fritz wrote:
It would be a crying shame if Janine "accidentally" neutronized him or something, wouldn't it? :roll:

I just hope he's the only casualty when they all confront the Big T.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2018, 12:39 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Spoiler!
With regard to the issue‘s ending: Ooooops :lol:
But to be fair: it was the clown not the secretary

PostPosted: August 1st, 2018, 1:54 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Hmmm. I'm feeling a bit mixed about this issue.

Spoiler!
Loved Peck and Jenny's interaction. I'm mellowing toward Peck more and more with every issue. They've rounded out his character in a way that really works well with the rest of the team.

RGB Venkman's possession by The Headless Horseman (or Wat) was unexpected, and the team's collective reaction to the Moose was hilarious.

I'm not sure if Egon testing the memory erasing technology was meant as a joke or if it's meant to be taken as the truth. If it's true, then he might be trying to erase his memory of his 'death'. Or maybe something else? Might it be related to what he said when Winston told him about what Tiamat did to everyone's memories about him and Tiyah? Maybe he can't bear to have memories of a relationship with Janine when no-one else remembers it. Though if I were Egon with memory erasing technology, I'd want to forget about Louis and Roger, first. :lol:

Speaking of Roger...
I'm a bit conflicted about the rest of the team making decisions on Janine's behalf about EGB Egon. I feel like she should be consulted about whether she wants to work temporarily with a guy who resembles her ex-boyfriend.

Haunted Wallflower was right. Egon probably persuaded Janine to go dimensional travelling because he wanted to keep her away from EGB Egon.

To be honest, it feels like the guys at IDW knew that people would have liked to have seen this on-panel but they haven't the space to put it in the comic, so it's explained with a couple of lines in the case notes.

...Which makes it all the more frustrating when Ron Alexander makes an unwelcome appearance yet again. :roll:

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about Ron Alexander or his fate. I just don't care about the character at all, and if this crossover becomes all about Ron's redemption, I'm gonna be so f-ing disappointed.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2018, 5:41 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Yes to all that and so much more. I do wonder if Janine and Egon were to be on a team together before Tiamat dispersed them though?

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 10:55 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
I do wonder if Janine and Egon were to be on a team together before Tiamat dispersed them though?

I think that's most likely. I think the original plan was for them to go out in their own teams (Prime, RGB, EGB, ATC, etc...) and after they entered the portal, whilst they were travelling between dimensions, they were shuffled around.

Ron shouldn't have been there unless he sneaked through the portal with the others. Which means the Chicago team are one down if the Unit goes kablooey, and Ron is the tech guy in that team, so... ruh-roh.

I suppose EGB Egon could assist with that if it happens. Unless he's dealing with something else Portal-related at the same time.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 11:17 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So, is there still some indication that this may end up an E/J story? Did anything happen to negate that?

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 1:33 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Nothing to negate it, but not necessarily very much to promote it, either.
My gut is still hoping for something (and leading into the GB's 35th year, it would be beyond fantastic), but my mind is telling me I'm deluding myself. :lol:

There are a few things which seem to hint in that direction:

There's been a mention of Roger, and his similarity to EGB Egon. Roger hasn't been directly mentioned since the days of Mass Hysteria.

As Haunted Wallflower accurately predicted, Egon persuaded Janine to go travelling to keep her away from EGB Egon because of his similarity to Roger (therefore if it weren't for Tiamat's involvement, Egon and Janine would have been travelling on the same team alongside each other).

Since the GB: International arc Peter, Winston, Ray, Jenny and Kylie (presumably Mel as well), Kevin, and now Peck know that Janine has feelings for Egon - enough to risk her own life for him, and to be persuaded by him alone to go on a dangerous adventure. So that's the ENTIRE IDW Prime team.

I think there was a direct reference to Egon in Janine's trading card if I remember correctly, and that's the first time that's happened. He's never been directly referenced in her bios before, not even when it looked like they were wrapping up the ongoing at the end of Mass Hysteria.

Janine has been offered a job by Peck which she may or may not take up.

According to his trading card, Egon hasn't emotionally dealt with the impact of his 'death'. He may be testing memory erasing tech on himself for some reason (though this might just be a joke).

Erik Burnham said in an interview: "I thought of two things that would give it the right heft, and how they would affect things emotionally. That revelation comes on page 20 of issue 3. Cannot wait for longtime readers to see it!" - Page 20 of issue 3 could (depending on where you start counting from) be either EGB Egon's appearance, or the revelation that Egon was the one to persuade Janine to go interdimensional travelling.

It's mainly just hints instead of anything really definitive but it seems like there's more attention being shown to their characters than usual. Though I'm probably reading way too much into it.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I want to make a separate thread to discuss the whole Roger and Egon thing. Join me!