It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:48 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 6th, 2018, 1:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Spoiler!
HauntedWallflower wrote:
Funny you should say that, cos I have a good feeling about that remark. Gut instinct, if you will. Perhaps she'll be the one to throw that orb at Tiamat? The one Rachel gave Ray? But I swear, if Burnham et al forget the gris-gris....

I'm still up and down on anything happening between Egon and Janine, but that could definitely happen. I found it interesting that Janine featured kinda prominently in Ray's vision to Rachel, as well.

The comment about Egon proposing really stuck out to me, and it made me wonder why they are taking Egon down the route of almost killing him again when they'd already done it before. Maybe when all is said and done things might change with him - I mean, one 'death' is bad enough, but almost having it happen again? Surely that will make anyone re-evaluate some things in their life. Maybe make them closer to people. Maybe have them say things that they wouldn't normally have said because life is too short...

But there's only a couple of issues left, and they've got to get everything back to the Unit and defeat Tiamat somehow, and who knows what other surprises are going to get thrown into the mix, so whether there'll be any space left for Egon to get back to his relative normality, or if we'll have time to see any impact of any of this on him, I don't know.

But I don't think Egon's going to die. After all, he's the only one who knows for sure that Tiamat is around.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2018, 7:21 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Spoiler!
nikki wrote:
After all, he's the only one who knows for sure that Tiamat is around.
If he does die, the whole GB multiverse will riot that's for sure. But how do you know that he knows about Tiamat for sure? Was there a memo I missed?

That said, I am skeevy about how there's only two issues left as well, cos I'm afraid of over-saturation by multiverse-crossover getting in the way of the main story. It was barely avoided in Star Trek: boldly Go, thank goodness, but *sigh* as much as I'm throwing predictions around, let's hope we get the really good end of the stick when November comes.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2018, 8:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Spoiler!
HauntedWallflower wrote:
But how do you know that he knows about Tiamat for sure? Was there a memo I missed?

He recognised Tiamat's PKE signature in issue #4. Even though Rachel senses her family's magic and has told Ray, Egon is the only one who definitely knows it's Tiamat.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2018, 8:21 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
He recognised Tiamat's PKE signature in issue #4. Even though Rachel senses her family's magic and has told Ray, Egon is the only one who definitely knows it's Tiamat.

I see. Sorry, I must be losing my touch.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2018, 11:42 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
That said, I am skeevy about how there's only two issues left as well, cos I'm afraid of over-saturation by multiverse-crossover getting in the way of the main story.

Me too.

Though I keep remembering that Jenny died, became a ghost, reunited with Ray and everything seemed okay all in the space of, like, five pages at the end of GB: International. Feels like if they can do all that in a limited space, then maybe they could get a lot done in two issues, maybe.

Though I'm not sure that we've really seen much of Tiamat's influence on things. Aside from mixing up the teams, it doesn't seem as if she's doing much to cause chaos. In fact, if anything, mixing up the teams probably helped the various Ghostbusters because they are utilising people's skills that they might not have had in their own teams.

HauntedWallflower wrote:
I see. Sorry, I must be losing my touch.

Hey, you are fantastic! 8-)

PostPosted: September 7th, 2018, 7:58 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Ok. Rachel is obviously a key to solving it,Ray has an orb of some kind and Egon has the gris-gris, which he was told to use once he was ready to "be alive". We saw their future selves in a stairwell before the first Tiamat confrontation, so we know they make it through. They said Winston was the key, maybe he's still the key. The older team may consider it all one incident. Peter is now the only prime without a dog in the fight, unless you count Janine. I think he will get some tool to use next issue. Three of the teams are now headed back to headquarters, and two are still working on issues in their demensions. Including Peter, who's working on rescuing Jillian. That's what my brain knows about the pending battle.