It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:21 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: August 13th, 2008, 3:59 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Added to the database:

RGBUK 1991 Annual.

Coming in two weeks:

RGBUK #133 & 134.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2008, 6:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ECTO-1's Completely Awesome Gude wrote:
“The Flip-Side of the Spiritual Divide…”
The Sublime Highness Prussk is planning an invasion of the mortal world, however the findings of Begloth, his servant, about the Ghostbusters may just change those plans.

And yet, despite that title, it doesn't sound like these guys have anything at all to do with the Peoplebusters. :lol:

(Sorry...I've been hip deep in Peoplebusters in my stories lately)

PostPosted: August 28th, 2008, 9:42 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Added to the database:

RGBUK #135 & 136

Coming in two weeks:

RGBUK #137 & 138

PostPosted: August 29th, 2008, 9:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Frightful Four are back. :lol: It can't help but make me grateful how little the American RGB material was influenced by the toy line.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 5:41 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Added to the database:

RGBUK #137 & 139.

Coming in two weeks:

RGBUK #140 & 141.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 6:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

#137...

"Gozo Son of Gozer"...sigh...I definitely get the feeling that this is an idea Marvel UK should have never had...and definitely never brought back...I can't remember, does Gozo ever team up with his Uncle Horg :roll:

#139...

Quote:
Peter and Winston answer a call to a private art gallery where some bad craziness has been going down. After a tour of various paintings by artists whose names aren’t exactly as they’re spelled out to be, they learn that the self portrait of Boggleymanstewert has come to life in anger over his name being shortened to Bert! Temperamental artists…

It's always those damn guys who are inside their self portraits, isn't it? Personally, I can't blame anyone for wanting to shorten a piece of letter salad like "Boggleymanstewert" :P

PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 11:38 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Yeah, they had more of those kinda names in the story...I just made sure it wasn't relevant to include them all!

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 2:58 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

So you might have noticed it's been a while since our last update. Well, unfortunately, our site host AOHell has decided to have some glitches with the program we use, meaning we can't even ACCESS our old pages. We've been offered a new home on the web and are just waiting on our webmaster to hook us up with some info so we can get cracking on rebuilding both NYGB sites from scratch and maybe better than ever.

In the meantime? Well, we've considered making a temporary home for the Comicguide, especially since there are new GB books to be had! Maybe a blog or message board format.

Anyways, stay tuned!

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 4:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It's stuff like this that explains why I try to keep a copy of every page I have online on my hard drive. That made switching to a new host last year a snap--all I had to do was upload the pages to GoDaddy and redirect the domain. It's also why I started hosting my own message board--I could keep backups and not worry about Proboards theoretically yanking it at any time.

Thanks for the update, ECTO.
:)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 5:30 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Oh no, the pages are still there...just can't get into them. I was gonna redesign them anyway, hence the "from scratch." I've got all the images and data, so all I need to do is build and insert.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 12:01 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
OK I've literally just spent an hour looking for something completely random and I thought it was in this topic (I did go through this topic on the old board).

Anyway. There was a mention of a certain Marvel UKRGB comic that he Janine dreaming of egon as a knight, with a double meaning, then I asked for said picture of this dream and it was posted and it was hilarious!

So I would like to see that again if anyone knows how to find it, I'll save it to my computer this time, lol.

If you're curious, what brings this on is that in the GB video game, during the spiderwitch fight I just heard Egon go, "Alright. It's knight in shinning proton pack time." Totally brought this pic to mind. So if you can provide it I would be eternally greatful! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 9:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Slimer! #17 reprinted it. It's two pages. What the original Marvel UK issue was, I have no idea. If ECTO-1's site was still open, though, I bet we could find out.

I have no idea where you might have seen a scan, though. With our luck, it was an AOL or Geocities site. :roll:

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 12:51 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
The link on here does not work for the NYComicguide.

I don't know if I have that one. Someone who does wouldn't be willing to scan it and email it to me would they? 8-)

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 3:48 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
I think you might be referring to the image I scanned for the old board for a Valentine's Day thing. I found it looking through my old posts.

http://ectozone.proboards.com/index.cgi ... 168&page=4

It's at the bottom of the page. I did a sneaky thing by taking out the dialogue to make it look nicer, but here's the scan of the comic without the words removed if it helps:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 4:33 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
:D That grin isn't big enough :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next