It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:37 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 21st, 2008, 2:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters West Coast: Flip Side War, Part One

September 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five
Mick, Jason, Rose, and Aidan are on their way home from a routine case. But then a tornado appears and whisks them away...and it ain't to Oz, either.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2008, 5:23 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I started reading these stories before I saw the "Flip Side" episode, and then I watched in on YouTube and didn't like it much - but these stories are always great to read, Fritz. It's probably better that I went in blind.

It seems like a very long time since I beta-read this one. What I remember most is getting excited about the promise of Extreme Peoplebusters in part two. :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 24th, 2008, 8:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
It seems like a very long time since I beta-read this one. What I remember most is getting excited about the promise of Extreme Peoplebusters in part two. :D

:lol: Well, it was a while back. I finished this one in the latter part of April, but held off the actual release until after CoG, of course.

And Part 2 is almost done. I was stuck on some plot points, but I think I've worked it out and should hopefully get it to the beta crew soon.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2008, 9:18 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Sweet. I'm just getting into reading through a slight backlog of stories (major outbreak(s) of the hives are keeping me home from from work (and my beloved local Six Flags, too, darn it!!!!), so I'll have plenty of reading time later today and tomorrow.

And, yes, they itch like nobody's business.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2008, 11:39 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Great part! I'm looking forward to reading the next part! :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 7:16 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
One question, Fritz. Why would Ulforce be vaguely familiar to the GBWC? As far as I can tell, they've never met before.

Also, what does the PB version of Aidan Munroe look like? Is he a dismembered body whose parts can move about on their own? Oh, great. I just creeped myself out...

PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 9:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Terrace wrote:
One question, Fritz. Why would Ulforce be vaguely familiar to the GBWC? As far as I can tell, they've never met before.

Also, what does the PB version of Aidan Munroe look like? Is he a dismembered body whose parts can move about on their own? Oh, great. I just creeped myself out...

I hate to be this evasive, but...keep reading.

:)

PostPosted: August 1st, 2008, 3:28 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Fritz wrote:
Terrace wrote:

I hate to be this evasive, but...keep reading.

:)

I still have my suspicions :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2008, 10:44 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Virgo
I just realized this...

Was Knetge's PB inspired by his "Good, Bad, Ugly" banner or was that the plan the whole time and you're not gonna reveal that secret?

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2008, 2:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
well is was a bit of both actually .

we all where talking about what we think are PB counterparts where like . after that I liked the idea so much that I mad my banner before Fritz got his story out .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 8:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Extreme Ghostbusters: Flip Side War, Part Two

September 2007--Timeline Year Twenty-Five
The Extreme Ghostbusters are kicking back at the debut concert of Oscar's band Mood Slime. But then a tornado appears, and drops something far worse than just Dorothy Gale's house.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 12:43 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Virgo
Wow, this is getting pretty intriguing (and may have provided an answer to my question on GBFans about the Peoplebusters).

When I saw the teaser image of the EPB's, I initially thought Eduardo's form was a reference to the mythical Pan, but then after reading, I'm thinking it's a little closer to the Pagan/Satanic image worship of the goat in their belief system.

My favorite line is the one where Grace says the lamest excuse Roland gave her was when he was going out on a bust with the others. That was pretty awesome and clever.

Liked these images you've been putting at the beginning of your stories Fritz. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 9:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

C.J. wrote:
Wow, this is getting pretty intriguing (and may have provided an answer to my question on GBFans about the Peoplebusters).

When I saw the teaser image of the EPB's, I initially thought Eduardo's form was a reference to the mythical Pan, but then after reading, I'm thinking it's a little closer to the Pagan/Satanic image worship of the goat in their belief system.

I mostly did it because I remember Garrett calling Eduardo "Goat Boy" a couple times in the show. Probably because of his little goatee.

Quote:
My favorite line is the one where Grace says the lamest excuse Roland gave her was when he was going out on a bust with the others. That was pretty awesome and clever.

I can't take all the credit for that line. It was inspired by a plot I remember reading about on ECTO-1's site about a Marvel UK RGB story featuring Venkman being attacked by posessed razors. That stuff really is a good source for deranged throw-aways like the "hell razors" or the giant budgie in part 1.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 10:39 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
Question, Fritz: How the heck can PB Garret fire his slime gun without arms? Does his equipment have special modifications?

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2008, 9:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Terrace wrote:
Question, Fritz: How the heck can PB Garret fire his slime gun without arms? Does his equipment have special modifications?

"It's magic. I don't have to explain it." :roll:

In all seriousness, yeah, there's probably some sort of special modification. It's one of those things I just decided to not think too hard about--the gag of having PB Garrett with working legs but no arms was too irresistable to me.