It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 1:26 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
if you are mining who I think you are , when no I already suggested a story with her. That is if Fritz is still up for it .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 8:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Potential Spoiler Warnings For Those Who Haven't Read the Story Yet:

--Yeah, nothing violent or messy happens to her. But she did get what she deserved in a different way: she never actually got to meet Egon. He managed to completely avoid her the whole time.

--I suppose the Big Mrs. Stantz Reveal wasn't completely out of the blue; I practically did everything but say it explicitly in "Forever", but left in just enough room for deniability if the final answer turned out differently. And for a long time, there was room for doubt.

Everyone knows I take officially endorsed stories quite seriously, especially the JMS era. I consider it equal to the first movie, and superior to the second. Which does make "Look Homeward Ray" and Elaine Fuhrman an issue that had to be examined carefully.

Elaine Fuhrman wasn't created by JMS, but was in a story he approved. She's the only love interest Ray's every had in a Columbia/Sony approved work (unless you count the Fort Detmerring ghost, but the final cut of the movie makes her a dream sequence). That was weighed carefully. But it is also true that she only appeared in the one episode, very early in the series, and is never so much as mentioned in RGB ever again.

Now, does that automatically mean she dropped off the face of the Earth? Of course not. It doesn't exclude the possibility that she and Ray kept dating, got married, lived happily ever after, raised kids, ect. There's nothing to say that happened, but nothing to say that it didn't either. Farah and others who write it that way have every reason to do so--it's a completely valid interpretation.

But an interpretation where Ray and Elaine really don't become a couple is just as valid. I dropped some hints as to why that might be in "For The Best" and, undoubtedly, whenever the story of Ray's marriage is told, his history with Elaine will be acknowledged and explored, as it should be.

The revelation is the end result of consultations with the other GBOT writers; while it was originally the idea Ogre and I had long ago, I didn't feel I had the right to "dictate" to everyone else. So I simply introduced Liz Hawthorne into stories, let her interact with Ray, and see what everyone else thought.

Believe me, if the readers and other GBOT writers had risen up and said "Liz sucks I hate her keep her skanky witch ass away from Ray" the outcome would have been different. She still would have been Ray's close friend, and Eric's status as a wizard would not have changed--Liz still would have had a part in seeing that his potential was developed.

But everyone seemed to be okay with the hints, so we went for it.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2008, 2:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I finely had the time to finish this story . this was nice and well worth it .

There is one big thing I'm not happy with . ( Fritz you may or may not know what it is )

I guess this means I will just have to make a story a bout it . LOL .

PostPosted: July 11th, 2008, 5:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
There is one big thing I'm not happy with . ( Fritz you may or may not know what it is )

Yeah, I think I know. The fate of Mr. Stay Puft. We'd written ourselves into a corner on that one, and couldn't really think of any way to fix it.

Unless maybe the Seraphic Radiance "skimmed out" that part, because it was essentially benevolent and...darn...that might work...

PostPosted: July 11th, 2008, 7:13 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
Yeah, I think I know. The fate of Mr. Stay Puft. We'd written ourselves into a corner on that one, and couldn't really think of any way to fix it.
.[/size]

yep you got it .

I still want to do the story i have had most of it in my head sins COG 5 . I was holding off on it to see what happened in COG 6 . ( in the off chance he was going to be ok )
Fritz wrote:
Unless maybe the Seraphic Radiance "skimmed out" that part, because it was essentially benevolent and...darn...that might work...

so what then are we going to have to collaborate on this then ?

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 11:56 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Phew....finally, the epic is concluded.

That was a hell of a roller-coaster ride, Fritz, and I dug every second of it. Looking forward to reading it again, back-to-back with all the other chapters.

And it's given me the bug again. Soon, I will be working again on my stories as well.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2008, 6:16 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Okay, so I finished this last night and have a lot to say that I will probably forget before I finish typing.

First of all, I loved the story, everyone banding together for the greater good...classic GB. And I think you guys through in a reference to every myth I could thinnk of. All that was missing in that respect was Pocahontas appearing to everyone on the mayflower trying to get everyone to safety in the city of Atlantis. :roll: Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

Characterization was beautiful. My favorite part was when one of the guys said something like: We were just about to tell these guys how we had to walk up hill in the snow barefoot to fight Gozer. I am still laughing about that!

And of course I was a tad sad to see stay puft go, but it was for the cause so what can you do?

And this story actually gave Louis a pulse. I am really surprised by that, I feel like he has validity now, I think I'm mad about that but I'm not sure yet. :roll:

Also we now know who Eric's mom is! I was pretty sure that's who it was. I think it is a good choice, I like her, though I did have qualms about both parents going to the other side, poor Eric would have been an orphan. But I can see how neither could have been left, they were important to the events that took place.

I'm very happy to see this done, not only is this a great story, but now everyone can be free to write more. I don't think it could have come out any better though. Excellent

ghostdiva

PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 9:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
And this story actually gave Louis a pulse. I am really surprised by that, I feel like he has validity now, I think I'm mad about that but I'm not sure yet. :roll:

Back when Vincent turned this story over to me I reread the previous chapters, and it started to set off my "story sense"--making such a big deal about Louis still having nightmares about Vinz and feeling left out and useless when the Herald broke Stay Puft out of GBCentral. It practically screamed "Louis needs to do something cool" and, well, you saw how that worked out.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2008, 1:16 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Location: New York, New York. Manhattan Island (SoHo district)
Zodiac: Scorpio
Vincent vs. Gozer? Where have we seen THAT before?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2008, 5:30 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Capricorn
Well, they kept making 'Gandalf the White' references when talking about you, I think it's appropriate. Besides, I kept thinking about that part of LotR while reading the final conflict.

I haz deviantArt.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2011, 9:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Due to some problems with the former hosting site, the story Chronicles of Gozer is now hosted at the Ectozone. I've revamped it to have the Ectozone "trade dress", but other than that it should be exactly as it was before. Links to freewebs.com/chroniclesofgozer2 no longer work, but any that say gozer2.ectozone.net will, or soon will, redirect to the new pages.

Direct links:
Part One
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer1.php
Part Two
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer2.php
Part Three
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer3.php
Part Four
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer4.php
Part Five
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer5.php
Part Six
http://www.ectozone.com/ff/gozer6.php

Special thanks to new user Obsidian179 for alerting me to the problem.

:)

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 2:04 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Who's the "Egon ripoff" that Mary Sue keeps whining about?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2023, 7:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ectoplasmic Cat wrote:
Who's the "Egon ripoff" that Mary Sue keeps whining about?

Er, basically this guy, my Ghostbusters West Coast character. It was a bit of an injoke to the fact that I originally requested the design be somewhat based on the 88MPH comic design of Egon: