Ghostbusters II (1989) 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I can't decide 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
They both sucked because Jake and Eddie weren't in them 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 31
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2008, 2:50 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I think I was 4 or 5 when I saw GB 2 . it's the fires ones I saw in the teeter . don't remember seeing GB 1 seeing how I had just turned on the day before .

I do remember thinking that the bad guy in GB 2 wasn't as cool .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2008, 4:35 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Cancer
Without a doubt the first Ghostbusters is my favorite of the two. It's my favorite movie in general. When I came out of the theater after seeing the second one I was, to say the least, quite disappointed. It just didn't feel right to me (and yes the Louis and Janine thing was a huge part of that).

The first one had this sort of quirky dynamic going for it, and that seemed like it was missing from the sequel. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Ghostbusters II, but it's not quite in the same league as its predecessor. It was phoned in.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2009, 9:20 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
It might be harder to list the things that are good about GB2, lets see, the dancing toaster :lol:, the painting changing at the end (just because it's a cute picture now), a few good lines, and there was something else, but I forgot :oops:.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 8:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I admit, one thing I've come to appreciate more about GB2 lately:

It had absolutely nothing at all to do with Gozer.

Nowadays, you can't swing a ghost trap without hitting a Gozer crossreference in the comics, and the video game was all about Gozer (worst of all, it hints at a retconned connection between Vigo and Gozer, which is way unnecessary).

I think JMS had the right idea when he wrote in the RGB bible "Gozer is history. Forget about him." It made the all of two or three times Gozer was referenced in the show all the more meaningful--if they'd had Gozer in every episode, like Prime Evil from that other "Ghost Buster" show, it would have gotten old really really fast.

So having a completely new and different villain is definitely one thing I think GB2 did right.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 11:00 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

See though, I've been thinking about it as well, and if we completely just blow off Gozer as the past and nothing more, we have to raise the question: "Why is this shit ONLY happening in New York?" I think the game was trying to provide an explanation of why New York was such a hotbed of supernatural activity, not trying to make everything connected directly to Gozer. Its not a result of the destructor per-sa, but its related to the fact that (like in real life) New York was host to a lot of black magic cults and societies devoted to the study and worship of the pagyn Gods from the "old world". Ivo Shandor kicked over a lot of paranormal rocks and found the SLIME (pun intended) that was underneath them. I think its great that they're actually trying to explain why so many ghosts show up in New York rather than just trying to hope that we're all stupid kids like we were when we watched the tv show, and wouldnt bother asking that question.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 10:20 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Hey now that I think about it, another thing about the 2nd movie. They were trying to make it more "kid friendly" and they add Slut!Janine :puke: Wha...?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 5:33 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I love how far feminism has come in this world... a grown-ass woman is labeled a slut just because she decides to go after a guy she happens to find mildly attractive. She wasnt cheating, she wasnt fucking a bunch of guys at once, she thought Louis was cute, she wasnt getting any response from Egon, so she figured "fuck it" and went after someone else. She's a strong, independant woman and she was sick of being ignored. Ladies got urges too, people.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 7:01 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Maybe so, but think of the scene with the couch. :puke: Don't tell me that's meant to be kid friendly.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 7:29 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Slut!Janine is simply a modern day colloquialism that delineates the juxtaposition of the combating personas, its not intended to be a feminist remark, it simply...is. ;)

Last edited by ghostdiva on April 14th, 2010, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 7:40 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Exactly.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 8:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Oh the scene on the couch. The scene where we saw.... absolutely nothing ya mean?

Also, I wasnt saying that Janine was supposed to be a feminist remark, or that you were making one, I was being sarcastic, saying that feminism obviously hasnt gone ANYWHERE if people still somehow label a woman slutty just because she goes after what she wants.

"But it wasnt the guy WE wanted her to go after!"

Hmmm, guess Janine has one of those brain thingys that lets her make her OWN choices instead of sitting alone at home living the life of a nun.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 11:36 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

You know we can stop arguing Mick.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2010, 5:47 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

NEVER!!!

...Okay I guess its possible.

Um... I think the GB logo in the second movie was stupid. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2010, 7:24 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Yeah, that logo was one of the most idiotic unimportant things ever.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2010, 7:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Mick Nielson wrote:
NEVER!!!

...Okay I guess its possible.

Um... I think the GB logo in the second movie was stupid. Your thoughts?

E/J E/E TJ/JC wrote:
Yeah, that logo was one of the most idiotic unimportant things ever.

It's not terrible, but it doesn't really make any sense as anything other than a promo for the second movie.

Twenty one years, and the closest anyone can come to having it make sense in the story itself is the "twice the know-how and twice the particle-power" from the ads.

Note that not even the video game, with Aykroyd and Ramis's involvement, kept it.