It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:03 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 13th, 2010, 8:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
http://forums.ghostbusters.net/showthread.php?t=12867

Kingpin wrote:

Featuring the creative team of writer Peter David (although some sources also credit his wife, Kathleen) and fan favourite, Dan (Dapper Dan) Schoening, Ghostbusters: What in the Samhain is Going on? marks the final holiday-themed one-shot that'll be published by IDW.

Above is the Nick Runge varient for the piece, with promises from IDW E.I.C. Chris Ryall that Dan's cover will appear on soon.

Interesting to see Janine's first appearance on the cover of one of the IDW run... although I'm not a fan of the apparant use of the "Sexy" Ghostbusters costume.

Despite the title, no assumptions should be made that Samhain'll actually appear.

Peter David. :o Man, and I thought Scott Lobdell was a good get. I think the only way IDW could top this is to get that former Amazing Spider-Man and soon-to-be Superman writer J. Micheal Straczynski; I get the odd feeling he'd be a great fit with the Ghostbusters. ;) Oh please oh please oh please let that happen...

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 12:56 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Quote:
I think the only way IDW could top this is to get that former Amazing Spider-Man and soon-to-be Superman writer J. Micheal Straczynski
Yep, but changing the tag on Janine's suit to say "Spengler" would be pretty good. :lol:

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 4:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
... Now this is more like it!

It's great to see Janine actually doing something worthwhile for once, and the cover art looks fantastic. Peter's face reminds me a little of Bruce Willis, but that's not a bad thing at all. :D

Personally, I think Janine looks great. The uniform reminds me of the skirt and top she wore in RGB. I don't understand why some people prefer that she's covered up all the time. I love that she's wearing something that's flattering, sexy and doesn't make her look years older than she is.

Can't wait for this one!

:mrgreen:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 10:59 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Quote:
I'm not a fan of the apparant use of the "Sexy" Ghostbusters costume.
I think that need to be up in a story. Seem like something peter would get for her just to piss her off.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 11:53 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
A skirt while trapping ghosts isn't practical & most women wouldn't feel comfortable wearing one in that kind of physically demanding job. Hell, nurses uses to wear skirts in the dark ages. Now, they wear scrubs.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 8:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

One thing I have to note about the uniform: the story is a Halloween story. Maybe she wore it just for the holiday (and to try to get a reaction out of Egon :twisted: ) and then, whatever happens in the story happens, and she didn't have time to put on a real flight suit?

Just a little thought that occured to me.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 1:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

You know thats one way to look at it.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 2:08 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
BlackMaria wrote:
Hell, nurses uses to wear skirts in the dark ages. Now, they wear scrubs.

I don't mean to nitpick, but some British nurses still choose to wear dresses instead of trousers and a tunic. It doesn't seem to bother some of those who work in my local hospital and GP surgery to wear something with a skirt, even when they now have the option to wear something else. Women also wear skirts while playing physically demanding sports such as tennis, lacrosse and ice skating.

Seriously, I really don't think there's anything wrong with what she's wearing. She wore an extremely short skirt almost all the time in RGB (and even after the feedback which led to all the other changes to her character, they still didn't feel it necessary to clothe Janine in a pant-suit!). She wore skirts in both the films and Extreme Ghostbusters and she also wore skirts in the 88mph comics and the previous IDW comics in which she was in, so I think she'd be used to wearing skirts in all sorts of different situations. It's part of her character. In fact, it would probably feel strange after all that to wear trousers! :D

Fritz wrote:
(and to try to get a reaction out of Egon :twisted: )

I like that theory! :lol:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 8:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
[quote:Fritz]One thing I have to note about the uniform: the story is a Halloween story. Maybe she wore it just for the holiday (and to try to get a reaction out of Egon ) and then, whatever happens in the story happens, and she didn't have time to put on a real flight suit?[/quote]

I had this thought as well, which lead to the thought that I hope this story doesn't turn into a "Janine's Genie" issue where she only ends up busting to cover a mistake she made. I hope that she is busting cause the guys need her help and she has to save the world, not because she has to fix something she broke.

Anyway, I am excited, especially since a husband and wife team wrote the story, hopefully some girl power will be there!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 11:48 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Wouldn't be the first time that did a comic of a RGB story.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 9:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Dapper Dan's cover for the one-shot revealed:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2010/06/19 ... -revealed/

My only sorta almost complaint is the use of the GB2 haircut, since I prefer to be reminded of her GB2 characterization as little as possible. IDW certainly doesn't "have" to use it--they changed her hair during her brief appearance in "The Other Side" and her less brief appearance in "Displaced Aggression" (And in Tokyopop it changed between chapters of the same story :lol: )

PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 6:09 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Well color me shocked, cuz manga has such a fine reputations for sticking to continuity. :roll:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2010, 9:12 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Loving It.

You're right, not a fan of the use of the hairstyle via GB2 (never a fan of the 'put-a-bowl-on-a-head-and-trim-and-call-that-a-hairdo" look) but I think it's more of an association thing as to why it's turning me off (what HAPPENED in GB2 :hurl: )...in any case, glad to see my girl getting some half-decent play... :D

Not too familiar with the lingo of the fandom print world so what does it mean by "A" cover vs. "B" cover...I'm assuming A cover means the first choice? Also, where and when will this story be released, and will I be able to read it online?

Thank you in advance :mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 12:08 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

rgbforever wrote:
Loving It.

You're right, not a fan of the use of the hairstyle via GB2 (never a fan of the 'put-a-bowl-on-a-head-and-trim-and-call-that-a-hairdo" look)

that's a dam froot bole then.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 9:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

rgbforever wrote:
Not too familiar with the lingo of the fandom print world so what does it mean by "A" cover vs. "B" cover...I'm assuming A cover means the first choice?

Some of the smaller companies--IDW and Boom being the ones I most associate it with--routinely put out multiple covers for their comics. "A" usually does mean the one that they print more of, though Boom Disneys A and B are fairly equal (I usually pick whichever one I like better or can find first--I very very seldom get both)

Quote:
Also, where and when will this story be released, and will I be able to read it online?

It's scheduled for October, I believe. I think the previous one-shots came out at iTunes before they made it to the stores. I don't know if anywhere else has them legally.

And last I heard, Con-Volution is slated to be out this week, just to remind everyone.