It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:24 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: New article
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 9:24 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So this article came out yesterday and I thought it made a lot of good points. Nothing we didn't already know, but an entertainig bit anyway,although the writer's lack of mentioning one thing bothers me, and the last sentence makes me question their sanity.

http://www.toonzone.net/blog/blogs/309/the-five-most-embarrassing-moments-of-the-real-ghostbusters/

Post subject: Re: New article
PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 9:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Not bad at all. I've been going rather slowly through my DVD set, so I haven't gotten to some of those atrocities yet...though seeing those descriptions is probably why I'm going slow and savoring the good stuff.

I think he can be forgiven, I guess, for liking the Slimer cartoons. I've been trying to keep an open mind for when I get to them; I suspect I'll still hate them, granted, but I'm going to try.

I know I won't have the same "Ghostbusters are (Semi-)Serious F***Ing Business!!!" atititude I had in 1988. I think now I'll probably find them lame compared to the other humorous things I've seen over the last twenty plus years, like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and several hundred Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 7:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Well, I remember not liking the Slimer eps when I was little, but I tried to watch them with an open mind. I stopped after the episode where Slimer followed Janine to her doctor's appointment... That was just awkward. :oops:

PostPosted: April 1st, 2011, 7:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Cancer
Good article, though personally the Stay Tooned ep is the only thing that really crosses into "embarrassing" for me. Personally I'd suggest Slimer's quasi-romance with the ghost daughter in "Transcendental Tourists", or Black Bart being defeated by a bunch of tourists with cameras in "The Magnificent Five". Or maybe even Professor Dweeb's first two appearances.