It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:18 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: May 13th, 2013, 9:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters: The Monster That Is A Cookie
1984--Timeline Year Two

Ray's trying to eat the cookies his Aunt Lois sent. Then he gets more exposure to cookies that he could ever want--there's a monster at a cookie factory. So much for his diet, huh?

I know, right? A new story! I actually had most of that one sitting around for a long time; I started it just before I was slammed with some medical issues and a major bout with depression. I don't know how long this new burst of energy will last, but it got me over the finish line to getting something out for this notable anniversary.

I hope everybody enjoys it.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 6:48 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
This is a fun little story and a light read (unless I missed a load of subtext). It also makes good use of Slimer, which I happen to think is very hard to do, so kudos for that, Fritz. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: May 16th, 2013, 11:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I'm definitely in the "Slimer is best used in small quantities" faction--but not the "let's pretend Slimer never existed except in the first movie" faction. It just struck me early on that a food-based monster was the perfect opportunity to have him come out and do something, which I don't do very often.

It is a lighter story--that was intentional. I started out with an even more continuity-neutral idea than it ended up being, but after writing in Ray's thought about a "bad breakup" (and I pretty much knew it had to mean Dana, which in GBOT terms happened not long after the Sandman episode) and Janine in her "Janine's Genie" flight suit, it ended up fixing it pretty definitely timeline-wise.

But again, I tried to keep deep continuity references to a minimum and mostly as asides. It just wasn't intended to be any sort of major keystone event of any sort--more of a "day in the life" episode.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 5:34 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Hey! I am so glad you have a new story up! This is a really fun story, very mid-RGB. Made my day! I highly recommend it.
These shorter lighter, stories are really a lot of fun. Do you have other shorties planned?

PostPosted: May 30th, 2013, 10:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

ghostdiva wrote:
These shorter lighter, stories are really a lot of fun. Do you have other shorties planned?

Not at the moment. All the ideas I have are of the longer-form variety. There's one RGB-era idea I'm developing, but it would take place a little later, post-GB2. More serious work is being done on a story that takes place in the RGB/EGB interrim.

And of course there's still "Toy Soldiers" hanging over my head.

But believe me, if something comes to mind for a quick one-off, I'll be ready to use it!

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 3:56 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
finely had the time to take a look at it. It was a nice story. I think you hit the nails on the head again.

took me a bit to get the scrooge mcduck reference. At first I thought you where making them the keebler elves.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2013, 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

jason knetge wrote:
took me a bit to get the scrooge mcduck reference. At first I thought you where making them the keebler elves.

I hadn't really intended to do another Scrooge reference when I started, but as I started to write the factory owner and his nephew, it just sorta popped in there. :lol:

Man, somebody has got to start publishing Scrooge in the States again. :x