It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:27 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: May 13th, 2014, 11:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part One
June 8, 1994--Timeline Year Twelve

Liz Hawthorne, the maga known as Lady Enlightenment, is in deep trouble. She turns to Ray Stantz and the Ghostbusters for help, unaware that things have changed drastically in the three years since she's seen them...

----------------
This is a story I've had floating, in one form or another, in my head for over twenty years, but never got around to telling really, well, anywhere. Readers familiar with Chronicles of Gozer Part Six and the various tales of the Ghostbusters of 2021 and on will be able to see where some of this is going, and it will eventually lead into GBOT Ray's romantic destiny being resolved, but I think you'll like some of the other surprises Ogre and I have in mind for this story.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 10:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part Two

So where has Liz Hawthorne been for the last three years? Why did she go? And can Ray Stantz help her even without the rest of the Ghostbusters?

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 6:58 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
As I told Fritz in my beta email, things are really getting interesting with the interaction between Ray and Liz. I know more or less where they're going, but it's fun (not to mention new information) to see how they get there. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 10th, 2014, 10:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I thank you as always for your comments.

To paraphrase some of what I mentioned to Rosey in emails: it still provokes a tinge of nervousness, as "I made an original character to romance once of the canon characters" is the plot description of at least one third of the crappiest of crapfic on the net (with "I'm writing the characters like they were all in high school", "I'm turning all the guys gay and I don't care what canon says", and "I'm doing a crossover with Naruto" filling in much of the rest)

I'm hoping that Liz will be a much more "real" character by the end of this. Ray's had years of development, writers of the likes of Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, J. Micheal Straczynski, Richard Mueller, and so many others contributing bits and pieces to make a well defined character. Liz is all on me, Ogre, and a little bit from others, so it's my hope that we'll make her worthy.

Part 3 is in progress. I wrote a big chunk of the flashback, but then decided that I was flashing forward a little further than I should--I moved what I'd written to Part 4, so now I'm writing a new flashback to Part 3.

Thanks everybody for your patience.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 10:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part Three

As Ray and Liz prepare to journey to Dragonsfall, unexpected--but very welcome--help arrives.
------
This is another really talky chapter, but I promise that next time things will pick up. I hope there'll be a neat surprise or two for people familiar with some more obscure bits of RGB lore here.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 1:02 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

For anyone tempted to make the same mistake as Fritz's beta/brother when reading, Orford is quite correct. Oxford is in Oxfordshire, not Suffolk. The clue is in the name. (Tell him I said that, Fritz. ;) )

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: September 9th, 2014, 11:27 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part Four
June 9, 1994--Timeline Year Twelve

Ray, Liz, and Barney arrive in Dragonsfall--and are immediately attacked!

Plus, another look at Liz's history.

Also take a look at the Spoiler Images page for Lady Persuasion and a new character who debuts in this installment!

PostPosted: January 1st, 2015, 11:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part Five
Ray, Liz, and Barney meet new allies, and Liz manages to repel Lord Stalker's latest attack--but

what price does she pay for that success?

Some more new faces in the Spoiler Images section.

This took longer than I expected, because I had to do some soul searching; I realized I was aiming toward a larger story than I needed to. Worse, if I kept down that course, it would fly away from the core the story should have: namely, Ray and Liz. So I pared down the concept; I can't really explain it much further than that without spoiling the rest of it, so I may go into it in more detail when it concludes.

I'm hoping to have the last chapter done and released no later than February 3rd, but we'll see.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2015, 5:33 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

I like the pictures of Coda and Terchi, guv'na. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 4:50 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Fritz, if you tell me at what level Adric's math(s) class is, I'll tell you where in Herts he's teaching it. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: January 18th, 2015, 10:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
Fritz, if you tell me at what level Adric's math(s) class is, I'll tell you where in Herts he's teaching it. ;)

I hadn't really given it much thought. :lol: Plus it could have changed over the course of the last twenty-eight years.

I think the next week will decide whether I get this thing done for February 3rd.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 11:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Enlightenment, Part Six
This is it! The final showdown between Dragonsfall and Lord Stalker! What does the future hold for Ray Stantz and Liz Hawthorne!?