It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: Art Updates
PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 12:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
HauntedWallflower wrote:
Looks good, Fritz. Really.
It's kind of growing on me too. :oops:

There's already a guy on Deviantart basically calling me a traitor for just trying to draw the new characters. :roll:

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 6:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, more heresy and betrayal, as I present the second drawing of a member of the Ghostbusters (2016) cast: Dr. Erin Gilbert, as portrayed by Kristin Wiig:

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Dr-E ... -606232863

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 8:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
I like Erin, but I really can't wait for you to draw Holtzmann. She'll definitely fit into your drawing style.

Fritz wrote:
There's already a guy on Deviantart basically calling me a traitor for just trying to draw the new characters. :roll:

There's always somebody. :roll:

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 2:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

HauntedWallflower wrote:
I like Erin, but I really can't wait for you to draw Holtzmann. She'll definitely fit into your drawing style.

Oh yes. I admit she was the easiest and most fun, because she has the sort of crazy hair I consider to be one of the things I'm better than other things at. But because of that, I'm saving her for last:

Next up--Patty Tolan. I know Leslie Jones' outsize personality rubs some people the wrong way, but I laughed my butt off watching her browbeat Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) in an SNL skit a few months ago. I found trying to convey a bit of that personality in the picture a fun challenge. Maybe the power of Patty compelled me.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Patt ... -606410354

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 4:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Man, it's darn funny how much my Deviantart activity feed has blown up since I started posting these--for all the complaints about the new movie, it sure seems to get people's attention quicker than most of the other stuff I've been posting the last few years.

...Though I wonder what it says that I didn't get as much reaction from Patty as I did Abby and Erin...

The final member of the 2016 Ghostbusters, and the one I admit I had the easiest time drawing--Kate McKinnon's character has the sort of crazy anime hair that I tend to do well with.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Dr-J ... -606644053

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 5:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Patty comes off as very bombastic to me. She never rubbed me the wrong way in terms of personality. I was more apprehensive that she's pretty much a cutout of Zeddemore. And yes, I watched the SNL skit where she mistook Adam Driver for Minnie LOL.

I think you captured her quite well, though her face looks....subdued.

I have zero complaints regarding Holtzmann. She's just as I imagined your take on her. In a way, she's the reason I feel like watching the reboot.

Anyhoo....Kevin's next! Don't forget to draw a side-by-side comparison between the reboot Kevin and IDW's same-named carbon copy of mrmichaelt!

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 1:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Patty comes off as very bombastic to me. She never rubbed me the wrong way in terms of personality. I was more apprehensive that she's pretty much a cutout of Zeddemore. And yes, I watched the SNL skit where she mistook Adam Driver for Minnie LOL.

I think you captured her quite well, though her face looks....subdued.

I have zero complaints regarding Holtzmann. She's just as I imagined your take on her. In a way, she's the reason I feel like watching the reboot.

Anyhoo....Kevin's next! Don't forget to draw a side-by-side comparison between the reboot Kevin and IDW's same-named carbon copy of mrmichaelt!

I haven't drawn Kevin yet...not sure whether to draw him in civvies, his "fake" GB uniform, or an actual GB (reboot) uniform.

It is neat that the guys at IDW have basically spliced Reboot Kevin with <the guy you mention>. Almost as cool as naming a guy who looked like EGB Egon after some fool with a web site. :lol: (But I may be biased on that one)

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 4:56 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Fritz wrote:
I haven't drawn Kevin yet...not sure whether to draw him in civvies, his "fake" GB uniform, or an actual GB (reboot) uniform.

It is neat that the guys at IDW have basically spliced Reboot Kevin with <the guy you mention>. Almost as cool as naming a guy who looked like EGB Egon after some fool with a web site. :lol: (But I may be biased on that one)

Why not all three? And yep, very cool :P

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 5:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -607639906

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 9:27 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Yess, I love this. I wanna see Kevin, too! :mrgreen:

Holtzmann is great, but I love how you gave Patty her necklace. It's little touches like that that I really like. 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2016, 2:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So what if the Ghostbusters of the new reboot looked slightly more classic? I thought the actual 2016 look was just fine, but I have to play every now and then.

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -607830067

It's the same profile pictures I've been posting the last couple weeks; it's slightly more than a recolor of those, as I plugged in the classic proton packs and adjusted the nametags (where applicable).

PostPosted: May 10th, 2016, 4:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So I had that recolor of the GB2016 cast that had them in uniforms looking closer to the ones in the 1984 and 1989 movies, right? Did anyone who knows me think I'd leave it at that, and not try something a little more colorful?

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/Ghos ... -608236210

Really, the big question became "Which colors with with Ghostbuster"? Patty was easiest--like Winston, she's the tough, "street wise" member of the team. The others were a little rougher...I could find ways to justify just about any combination of Abby, Erin, and Holtzmann in Ray, Egon, and Venkman's colors. So here's what I went with:

Abby is the committed believer. So, Ray's uniform, the one closest to the (original) movie standard. (As McCarthy is seen as the "star" of the movie, I could have easily justified using Venkman instead)

Erin is Abby's old friend but something of a skeptic at first. I went with Venkman (though as the physics genius Egon could have worked just as well).

Jillian Holtzmann looks too much like Egon to not get his colors, though as the enthusiastic tinkerer I could have easily justified Ray's as well.

I may try recoloring the more accurate 2016 uniforms, but I'm not sure how well the colors would work with all that orange reflective striping. If I do like the results, expect another variant I guess :lol:

PostPosted: May 25th, 2016, 11:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://ectozone.deviantart.com/art/GB20 ... -611136446

I said I might try it, and I did--the GB2016 crew recolored like the RGB characters, but with the more accurate GB2016 orange reflective striping and PP-16 packs.

Not as garish as I feared, I admit.

(Probably the last group picture for the forseeable future, though)

PostPosted: May 28th, 2016, 3:23 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I prefer it with the stripes. I don't prefer the GB16 uniforms over the original GB uniforms in real life, but here they look really good. :D

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 1:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, as Cheech Marin said in a different Ghostbusters movie, "Better late than never":

Kevin Beckman

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next