As mrmichaelt says on GBFans
Quote:
Yep, sacrilege on page 7.

:twisted:

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 10:11 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
This will be interesting! Wonder how long Peck has known that story about that lady?

PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 7:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
He must have known since Issue #6. He can't have known it all his life, because at the beginning of the GB movie, he was a skeptic.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 5:16 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

OK! OK! I just read it! I just read it! SPOILERS IN BLACK

Poor Pecker. Una must have been special to him. No wonder he said, "I will not." He didn't want to thank the GBs for actually complying with HER wishes.

And OH NOOOO! MY INITIAL FEAR ABOUT THE COST WAS CORRECT!

EGON! NOOOO!

I guess this means Janine will be leaving Kevin in charge of the office from the next issue onwards.<-----(Really, me? Is that all you, I mean I, can think about?)

Anyway, onto a more rational thought....So it seems that Vinter enlisted the GBs because of this Thorsteinsson guy.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 6:14 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
I guess this means Janine will be leaving Kevin in charge of the office from the next issue onwards.<-----(Really, me? Is that all you, I mean I, can think about?)

Lol. You're thinking about it, I'm thinking about it and probably most of the rest of us here are too...

I've really missed the kick ass, take charge ghostbusting Janine from Volume 2, and I'm hoping that this will give her the opportunity to do some of that again. 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 6:35 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
Lol. You're thinking about it, I'm thinking about it and probably most of the rest of us here are too...

I'm always glad for that :D :ej4ever:

Quote:
I've really missed the kick ass, take charge ghostbusting Janine from Volume 2, and I'm hoping that this will give her the opportunity to do some of that again. 8-)

I really hope she gets to shine. I've been feeling kinda bad on her behalf, about everything she had to put up with since coming back from Japan.

She didn't get to see the sights in Japan, her paperwork has got paperwork, Kylie got mad at her, she lost $20 betting on Ray's love life, Egon being mostly secluded at home being a diva about jobs with stairs while wounded, the other three GBs travelling off, while she's training a willing upstart. Plus, Holtzmann is a threat to her position as my spirit animal.

And now that what happened in this issue has happened, she's bound to have all sorts of feelings going on. She MUST take up the pack. There's no other way for it. Maybe she'll get the gris-gris?

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 8:07 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Maybe she'll get the gris-gris?

Ooh, yes!

[Spoilers] Maybe she uses the gris-gris to save him from oblivion without realising what it is, and then Egon realises she loves him and not Roger, and then he tells her he loves her too, and they hug and walk towards the sunset together holding hands.... [/Spoilers] Well, a girl can dream, can't she? :D 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 8:26 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
Ooh, yes!

[Spoilers] Maybe she uses the gris-gris to save him from oblivion without realising what it is, and then Egon realises she loves him and not Roger, and then he tells her he loves her too, and they hug and walk towards the sunset together holding hands.... [/Spoilers] Well, a girl can dream, can't she? :D 8-)

And then they have a daughter called Jillian, who grows up to dye her hair blonde and use the pseudonym 'Holtzmann' so that the Spengler success doesn't overshadow her own and there's just so much us girls can dream about 8-)

Well, she likes Roger, not loves him, since they're not a couple anymore after the Tiamat incident, when he moved to San Francisco.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 7:43 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
And then they have a daughter called Jillian, who grows up to dye her hair blonde and use the pseudonym 'Holtzmann' so that the Spengler success doesn't overshadow her own and there's just so much us girls can dream about 8-)

I love that idea. 

When we first saw Egon's Apartment, I immediately thought about Janine going round to his place and eating takeaway with him, spending late nights together with him helping him research. God, I'm so predictable...

I'm off to see GB16 in 3D next week at Leicester Square Odeon. I'm sooo looking forward to it. First time I've seen a movie in 3D since Captain EO at Walt Disney World. That shows my age right there... :lol:

Quote:
Well, she likes Roger, not loves him, since they're not a couple anymore after the Tiamat incident, when he moved to San Francisco.

I don't know if Egon knows they broke up... I hope he finds out somehow.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 5:00 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
I love that idea. 

When we first saw Egon's Apartment, I immediately thought about Janine going round to his place and eating takeaway with him, spending late nights together with him helping him research. God, I'm so predictable...

They could have been the Pierre and Marie Curie of parapsychology. Alas.... Oh well, here's hoping for some satisfying E/J goodness in the coming issues.

Quote:
I'm off to see GB16 in 3D next week at Leicester Square Odeon. I'm sooo looking forward to it. First time I've seen a movie in 3D since Captain EO at Walt Disney World. That shows my age right there... :lol:

I've always wanted to watch Captain EO, but I've never been to USA.

As someone who watched GB: Answer the Call (that's what GB16 is called at the end for some reason, but it's a badass title) in 2D, I'm sure you'll love it in 3D! It definitely works with 3D!

Quote:
I don't know if Egon knows they broke up... I hope he finds out somehow.

He always knows. They all do somehow. They knew when she broke up with Louis.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:03 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
They could have been the Pierre and Marie Curie of parapsychology. Alas.... Oh well, here's hoping for some satisfying E/J goodness in the coming issues.

I would really love for Egon and Janine to work together to solve some problems or do research, like they did a couple of times in the NOW! Comics (they kind of did in the 1st movie as well when they dealt with Louis/Vinz), although I think Kylie's taken on the role of a lab buddy/research assistant. Would have been a great way to demonstrate some more of Janine's strengths, and a bit of friendly interaction between them would be nice. I don't think they'll have much opportunity for the rest of this comic run, but maybe if there's a 4th volume, if Erik's listening? ;)

Quote:
I've always wanted to watch Captain EO, but I've never been to USA.

As someone who watched GB: Answer the Call (that's what GB16 is called at the end for some reason, but it's a badass title) in 2D, I'm sure you'll love it in 3D! It definitely works with 3D!

I went as a kid back in the 80s. I loved it. I have heard the new film works well in 3D, so I'm off with a bunch of friends. Scheduling it has been a nightmare, and we'll probably have to deal with a train strike as well, but I'm determined to get my ass to see it in 3D! :D

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 7:06 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
I would really love for Egon and Janine to work together to solve some problems or do research, like they did a couple of times in the NOW! Comics (they kind of did in the 1st movie as well when they dealt with Louis/Vinz), although I think Kylie's taken on the role of a lab buddy/research assistant. Would have been a great way to demonstrate some more of Janine's strengths, and a bit of friendly interaction between them would be nice. I don't think they'll have much opportunity for the rest of this comic run, but maybe if there's a 4th volume, if Erik's listening? ;)

They ought to have a similar situation to NOW! Comics in which they get unintentionally stuck together in some kind of other dimension or even go back in time. Except that since this is IDW, they would be venting instead of cordial. More like Janine would vent and Egon would just pretend not to hear. So far, I've been disappointed with their lack of friendly interaction in IDW. At least, I think Janine had been trying to be friendly, but Egon just wasn't in it.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 3:24 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
They ought to have a similar situation to NOW! Comics in which they get unintentionally stuck together in some kind of other dimension or even go back in time. Except that since this is IDW, they would be venting instead of cordial. More like Janine would vent and Egon would just pretend not to hear. So far, I've been disappointed with their lack of friendly interaction in IDW. At least, I think Janine had been trying to be friendly, but Egon just wasn't in it.

I know how you feel about being disappointed. I can't recall them ever being this grumpy towards each other before in canon. I don't know why or what the purpose of it is.

I was hoping that it would be a good opportunity for them to work together in New York because they were the only original members left in the city. The lack of dialogue between colleagues who are in different time zones is understandable, but it doesn't seem like Egon and Janine communicated very much despite being in the same place. 

Even if Sony doesn't want them together in the IDW ongoing, I don't think there's any reason why they couldn't be friendly and cordial toward each other as colleagues, if nothing else. It's quite a contrast to the other relationships in the ongoing, which seem to be much more friendly and relaxed. Even Peter and Dana had a nice heart-to-heart moment to clear the air between them. Maybe Egon and Janine need something similar to work out whatever issues they seem to be having.

The very subtle little moments at the end of the Deviations one-shot were lovely; it wasn't anything major, but to me there seemed some real affection between them both. Seems like there's a big difference between their relationship in the ongoing and that one-shot issue.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 10:24 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
I know how you feel about being disappointed. I can't recall them ever being this grumpy towards each other before in canon. I don't know why or what the purpose of it is.

I was hoping that it would be a good opportunity for them to work together in New York because they were the only original members left in the city. The lack of dialogue between colleagues who are in different time zones is understandable, but it doesn't seem like Egon and Janine communicated very much despite being in the same place.

That was what I was hoping as well. And all we got was Janine saying that Egon had told her not to give him any jobs with stairs. They don't have the Internet-as-we-know-it yet, but they DO have phones.

Re-examining canon as we see it, we know that E/J were getting along nicely in GB1, virtually ignored each other in GB2, she exchanged a few professional words with him and then ran into his arms in the video game.

Now, their relationship in the comics is basically Janine being frustrated at life and work most of the time and Egon just not caring about anything that isn't a ghost, science or sweets.

Quote:
Even if Sony doesn't want them together in the IDW ongoing, I don't think there's any reason why they couldn't be friendly and cordial toward each other as colleagues, if nothing else. It's quite a contrast to the other relationships in the ongoing, which seem to be much more friendly and relaxed. Even Peter and Dana had a nice heart-to-heart moment to clear the air between them. Maybe Egon and Janine need something similar to work out whatever issues they seem to be having.

Even in IDW, it's like Peter and Dana are the only relevant couple. I don't mind P/D, I just feel contempt every time it gets the VIOTP treatment. As far as I'm concerned, after Volume 2, they're just friends and happy that way. (Oh wow, did I really type all that?)

I really wish E/J would get some kind of closure, no matter how unwilling Egon is to listen. Ugh. Did things really become that sour between them before and after Louis and Roger? Will we ever know?!

Erik Burnham did say that they cared about each other deep down, but that's just not showing in their (lack of) everyday interactions. It is possible to care about someone when you're not communicating with them, but E/J have barely communicated outside of work ever since she got back from Japan. And Janine may have stopped trying at some point after the Draugar incident.

Quote:
The very subtle little moments at the end of the Deviations one-shot were lovely; it wasn't anything major, but to me there seemed some real affection between them both. Seems like there's a big difference between their relationship in the ongoing and that one-shot issue.

Those little moments in Deviations made up for my disappointment in how that one-shot started :) We can assume that since Dana and Louis' building didn't blow up, the GBs didn't get put out of business and Louis/Janine (*tries to stifle gag reflex*) did not happen.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 11:04 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I haven't picked up #7 yet, but I just wanted to jump in anyway!

I am starting to feel like Egon is out of character. I feel like Erik was planning on a story that didn't happen, due to higher up stuff, but he hasn't resolved the character issue. Egon is coming off kinda mean and obnoxious of late. He's just bossy and a tad too self centered to be the Egon we all know and love. Our Egon is a humanitarian who may not be social but he loves everyone for all their flaws. He does what he does to save mankind and improve life and the world around him. This Egon acts like everyone else can just take a hike as long as his experiments aren't interrupted. I'm waiting on this to get resolved, His relationship with everyone needs to improve.

Janine is just frustrated. I get it, she just works and goes home to an empty apartment, she's at an age where all her friends have moved on, gotten married, had kids, whatever. She is out of touch with them and her work friends don't seem to be spending a lot of time with her either. I feel sorry for her.

Kinda gettin bummed so imma stop now. :(