It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:34 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 30th, 2016, 5:02 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Spook Central preview. Finally.

There's been nothing but delays in shipping out comics throughout the latter part of this year and it's unsetting, but the end result is always worth it. And yes, wish come true! Janine is out busting!...In New York with Jenny.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2016, 7:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

So....we do not get to see what oblivion looks like in this issue. We'll likely see it in the next one.

So while Janine, Jenny and Kevin are holding the fort, Peter, Ray, Melanie and RGB Egon face-off against a brujo in Chile, while Kylie and the Chicago GBs have to contend with Sadako-style onryou....and a giant octopus (Cue "I've seen enough hentai" meme).
They get the key and Kylie's eidetic memory comes in really handy with regards to the map. Also, the Japanese woman in Proteus' visions turns out to be a tour guide that got possessed by the spectral octopus and is left with a nosebleed by the end of the journey even though she landed on her butt after being exorcised.

Erik Evensen's art is to die for. I just love seeing characters drawn in sharp lines and that's how the Rookie suddenly became more attractive to me, LOL. And gosh, that panel with the Sadako lookalike after most of her face got siphoned off....Yeeeesh :shock:

As always, BRING ON THE NEXT ISSUE!!

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 8:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Loving the Chicago GBs. Except Ron, who remains a jerk. I'd kind of like the Japanese tour guide to join up with the Chicago GBs but after her experience I doubt she will... Lol.

It's interesting that Ray also got a little bag of something from the trip to New Orleans. It made me think again about the gris-gris. I have a feeling that it might be used soon. Egon is in a situation where he needs to 'be alive' again. Maybe he's got the gris-gris with him wherever he is, and if the guys can't manage to get him back he could use it to get back to the living.

Great to see Janine back in her jumpsuit. I really missed her working out in the field.

HauntedWallflower wrote:
And gosh, that panel with the Sadako lookalike after most of her face got siphoned off....Yeeeesh :shock:

Yeah, I totally love how creepy that was. 

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 11:54 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
It's interesting that Ray also got a little bag of something from the trip to New Orleans. It made me think again about the gris-gris. I have a feeling that it might be used soon. Egon is in a situation where he needs to 'be alive' again. Maybe he's got the gris-gris with him wherever he is, and if the guys can't manage to get him back he could use it to get back to the living.

Great to see Janine back in her jumpsuit. I really missed her working out in the field.

Yeah, it's great seeing Janine in action. And I thought Madame Laveau wanted Egon to use the gris-gris to make him feel emotionally alive? But yes, I'm hoping for it to get some solid use, although my imaginings of Egon using it involves Janine. Like say, they hold it together in each other's hands and some blinding light comes out of it?