Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Spook Central Preview of GBI#10

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 4:21 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
Okay, I couldn’t wait any longer and bought issue 1-10 of GBI. And after reading “Iceland” I was wondering two things
Spoilers in Black
Number One:
Ray and Kylie could not make any sense of the Raouskinna because it seemed like a mixture of a bad diary and recipe collection. But still it is said to have power over the devil. Could this be connected to the book Egon wrote? He did it to test a computer program that generates random patterns of words that can positively stimulate the human brain.
So was the Bishop of Holar capable of creating random word patterns that control the devil’s brain just like Egon’s computer program can create random word patterns that stimulate the human brain?
It may be far-fetched but we never learned what became of Egon’s project and how it is connected to the rest of the story.
Number Two:
Why exactly did the Bishop write the book but does not want it to be used? Did he not know that his words would be capable of controlling the devil? Or did he want to make use of it and regretted that later – now protecting it even in his after-life? Or was he just crazy?

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 5:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Issue 10 has the 2nd moment in Ghostbusters history (this time, a non-OTP moment) that sickened me.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 8:19 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

He says maybe, but I'm pretty sure there's no maybe about it: Someone's gonna die and it won't be Egon, I'm sure of it.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2016, 8:49 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

HauntedWallflower wrote:
He says maybe, but I'm pretty sure there's no maybe about it: Someone's gonna die and it won't be Egon, I'm sure of it.

Since reading your posts I re-read Issue 10 several times. Could you tell me, which panels you are referring to? I am too blind, obviously. ;)

PostPosted: October 30th, 2016, 2:47 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Sandra wrote:
Since reading your posts I re-read Issue 10 several times. Could you tell me, which panels you are referring to? I am too blind, obviously. ;)

No panel in particular. I'm just very suspicious of Erik's tweet. Also, call it a feeling I've had ever since Vinter's gruesome death.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2016, 3:55 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Sandra wrote:

No panel in particular. I'm just very suspicious of Erik's tweet. Also, call it a feeling I've had ever since Vinter's gruesome death.

Ah, okay, thanks for the answer - I thought I missed something.
And yes, what happened to Vinter made sure, that everybody knows who's the real bad guy! ;)

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 2:54 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So, I can't wait to see this final issue. I really want to know what's going to happen!

I also am curious about the conversation Winston and RGB Egon had in this issue. What was the purpose? Was it a reminder of Winston's loss for Winston's sake? Was it a reminder that Winston and IDW Egon had a similar experience with loss (I really hope so cause that has been driving me nuts!). Is it to provide a distinction between RGB continuity and IDW? Because RGB Egon clearly didn't know what Winston was talking about. And if it is to establish separation in continuity does that mean there may be hope in IDW E/J relationship?! Man would that be great!

Have I really misread it and lost my mind or have you guys wondered about it too? Seemed pretty critical to me when I read it..

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 4:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
So, I can't wait to see this final issue. I really want to know what's going to happen!

I also am curious about the conversation Winston and RGB Egon had in this issue. What was the purpose? Was it a reminder of Winston's loss for Winston's sake? Was it a reminder that Winston and IDW Egon had a similar experience with loss (I really hope so cause that has been driving me nuts!). Is it to provide a distinction between RGB continuity and IDW? Because RGB Egon clearly didn't know what Winston was talking about. And if it is to establish separation in continuity does that mean there may be hope in IDW E/J relationship?! Man would that be great!

Have I really misread it and lost my mind or have you guys wondered about it too? Seemed pretty critical to me when I read it..

Frankly, at this point I just can't get my hopes up concerning much of anything in this series beyond some good Ghostbusting adventures. The end of Volume 2 pretty much screamed "NOTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE WILL REALLY HAPPEN TO ANYONE IN THIS SERIES BECAUSE SONY WON'T LET IT!!!" I just haven't been nearly as excited about each new issue ever since...other than the "Get Real" miniseries, but even then afterwards it brought on a different layer of melancholy...namely, it was like I got glimpses of a series that I would have enjoyed even more (even if also hamstrung by Sony).

They're probably less restricted when dealing with non-movie/non-cartoon characters, but other than Ortiz and Jenny, I just don't really care: Ron is irritating, and the Rookie is so blandly boring that nobody even remembers that IDW gave him a name.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2016, 12:31 am 
Moononite
Moononite

I'm trying not to get my hopes up either, but they HAVE to have something up their sleeve.

Spoiler!
I do know secondhand that a non-movie character is going to be killed off, though.... I KNOW NOTHING, SEE NOTHING, HEAR NOTHING.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2016, 6:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I know its bad to get hopes up, but that scene was a chunk. I don't think it was in there as just filler. Yes, I too want to know who is going down. The death and tower card from the beginning point to bad things coming. Might be Kevin...

PostPosted: November 15th, 2016, 7:05 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I’m not sure about the purpose of the conversation between IDW-Winston and RGB-Egon. I was thinking that it was about to show us that there is something wrong with IDW-Egon. Egon – as we know him – despite his rational character, cool surface and somewhat awkward behavior is a very friendly person. But with regard to his current behavior I could not imagine IDW-Egon taking a break from his work to listen to Winston’s problems and even finding some comforting words. “Platinum Egon” does just that while IDW-Egon did not seem to care too much about his friends and colleagues recently.
Spoiler!
I saw some concern when Janine’s soul was kidnapped and Kylie was hit by possessed Ray. But he kept his cool very well.

When it comes to Egon and Janine I’m with Fritz: They’ll never give us that! I know: "Hope is the last to die", but in this case it is a long and painful death. I do not understand why Sony should not allow it. They established that “Ghostbusters” is a multiverse with an endless amount of Egons and Janines – why shouldn’t they at least in one universe finally be happy together.
But if it is not meant to be, they could at least stop torturing us: No more boyfriends that look like Egon (let alone girlfriends that look like Janine), no more jealous behavior and no more kisses after returning from a foreign dimension.
Whatever, if Egon keeps treating Janine like he does, I jump off the E/J-Ship and enter the Roger/Janine-Ship. Try me, Egon, I’ll do it! (I probably won’t, but maybe bluffing does the trick ;))

PostPosted: November 15th, 2016, 3:16 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Movie/IDW Egon really needs to come back from "oblivion" shaken up emotionally in some way. I'm done giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

PostPosted: November 16th, 2016, 3:58 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

My last hope is with the reunion between them in #11. Janine is single now, so no worries this time about Roger finding out.

If it's business as usual once Egon returns from wherever he's been, then it'll be a disappointment, for sure.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.