It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 8:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 meaning the second crossover between the Turtles and the Ghostbusters, not a crossover with Ghostbusters 2 (lol)

Mikey: "Eeew...why is Janine playing tonsil hockey with that guy? Is she mental?"

Anyway...

All five issues are coming out weekly in November (November has five Wednesdays) so here is the info:

TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #1
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170484
Quote:
(W) Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (A/CA) Dan Schoening
The two beloved franchises reunite for a new adventure more action-packed and hilarious than ever! The Turtles are stuck in a ghost dimension by an old adversary and only the Ghostbusters can save them. The ensuing adventure will be an inter-dimensional romp like never seen before!

Bullet points:
* The sequel to the surprise crossover hit!
* From the creative teams of both TMNT and Ghostbusters!
In Shops: Nov 01, 2017
SRP: $3.99

TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #2
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170488
Quote:
SEP170488
(W) Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (A) Pablo Tunica (A/CA) Dan Schoening
As the teams split up to evade their spectral pursuers, Michelangelo and Peter Venkman enter a dimension populated by anthropomorphic animals... including Turtle Ghostbusters!
In Shops: Nov 08, 2017

Oh gods...is it gonna be those fugly Turtle Ghostbusters figures Playmates announced during SDCC?

TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #3
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170491
Quote:
SEP170491
(W) Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (A) Tadd Galusha (A/CA) Dan Schoening
Leonardo and Winston face formidable foes in the form of ferocious frogs!
In Shops: Nov 15, 2017

TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #4
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170494
Quote:
SEP170494
(W) Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (A) Mark Torres (A/CA) Dan Schoening
Viking spirits war over Raphael's body! Will Ray be able to figure out a solution before Raph goes berserk?
In Shops: Nov 22, 2017

TMNT GHOSTBUSTERS II #5
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170497
Quote:
SEP170497
(W) Erik Burnham, Tom Waltz (A) Dan Schoening, Charles Paul Wilson (CA) Ben Bishop
The climactic conclusion as the teams reunite to face their adversaries... and a long lost ally!
In Shops: Nov 29, 2017

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 1:58 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
OMG WEEKLY?! WOW!!!!

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 8:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Spook Central preview of TMNTGB2 #1

I'll give this a look, but man, crossover fatigue means I am just not excited about it.

(PS: Expect post #3000 some time tomorrow)

PostPosted: October 28th, 2017, 4:04 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Are the Vikings gonna do to Raph what they did to Janine too? Can't wait to find out!!

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 9:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

HauntedWallflower wrote:
Are the Vikings gonna do to Raph what they did to Janine too? Can't wait to find out!!

Raph: "How in the hell am I a descendant of Vikings?" :lol:

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 10:14 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
I guess this time I will wait for all parts to come out and get them all at once. I am looking forward to it because I like both the Ghostbusters and TMNT very much. But I was a little underwhelmed by the crossover with ATC so I am trying to be not too optimistic.
Don't get me wrong: The comics are still fun but they all kinda pale in comparison to Mass Hysteria and Total Containment.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2017, 3:54 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Ordinarily, what is happening with Egon in the GB/TMNT crossover part 2 would be an interesting development, but I've been burned by these comics so many times before that I don't expect anything to be resolved from it. It'll be forgotten and dropped like the effects of his experiences in Janine's mind, his situation with his friend Eugene and the gris-gris given to him by Marie Laveau has been. Anything remotely interesting about Egon or his potential character development has been left unresolved, so I don't expect this to be any different. 

The prime GB members (including Janine) are the background characters to everything else, and I am so over it. 

I really wish Tim Lattie's covers were an accurate representation of what the comic's storylines would be right now, because honestly I am more interested in the unresolved issues between Egon and Janine than the deep psychological analysis of some freaking Turtles. 

Yeah, we've got it already. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles working with the ghostbusters was okay without Turtle ghostbusters. Enough already. Turtles, ghostbusters, turtlebusters... Yeesh.

Gimme a dimension where ghostbusters were fish. Fishbusters.

Or hell, gimme a dimension where Egon and Janine were married with kids, or is that way too far for IDW or Sony to conceptualise.

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 8:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
The prime GB members (including Janine) are the background characters to everything else, and I am so over it.

I think that's been the problem for a couple years now--the IDW-verse Ghostbusters have become guest stars in what's supposedly their own book, what with the now-constant parade of extradimensional crossovers.

I agree with someone on GBFans who said something along the lines of "I hope at the end of TMNTGB2 Winston takes a sledgehammer to that damn dimensional portal".

Thing is, we already know that it isn't going to happen--I gather 2018 is going to bring us an even bigger multidimension crossover, kind of a "Crisis on Infinite Ghostbuster Earths" or something. Not even the prospect of seeing the Real Ghostbusters again is making me excited for that at this point.

ETA: found it, and I was wrong on a detail or two--he meant the upcoming "Crisis":

mrmichaelt wrote:
But ah -- if at the end of this 8 issues, Winston doesn't take a sledgehammer to the teleporter - that would be a shocker.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 4:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm still behind in my reading, but I read issue 2 of this today and I gotta give credit where it's due: they've redesigned Janine again, and it takes a lot from the GBVG "cartoony" design from the PS2, PSP, and Wii versions (an example screen cap here).

I think I like it. It brings to mind the RGB Season 1 version more than the one they've been using since "Get Real". She even finally has her scary pointed glasses back!!! There's a tradition of her look changing every once in a while, but this one works for me.